Fox 2.0 Tuned by Ford or alternative

First Name
Ameridorian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL CC 4x4
Can't seem to find the answer for this one. I'm working on a build that will be exported to SA next year. Without getting into the weeds I can't export $1 over 36k MSRP total so I just bought a new Silver 2020 Ranger CC 4x4 XL with locker & 16" steelies. I just received a set of 5 new 17" Raptor rims you guys are dumping on e-bay. They may be old news here but they will look sharp & unique in SA. I'll be putting Cooper Discoverer AT 4S 265/65/17's on them. I want to get rid of the stock suspension but I want to stay OEM as much as possible. I want to stay away from a level if at all possible and lose least amount of MPG possible. Can I take that Fox 2.0 kit by Ford or the 2.0 not by Ford and lower the front a bit from level for OEM dynamics & still get a superior ride? Or is there a superior shock swap? Mostly be driving on hwy & dirt roads but also on beaches, desert sand & some muddy roads.
As far as rear weight I have not decided yet on a Diamdback cover or an RSI cap. So maybe 500-700lbs total on the bed when traveling away from home base. When traveling I assume the weight will create its own level. The 2.0 rears up to this weight? I looked at an add a leaf if needed & also the OME build which I like but that also seems to level the truck. The Ford tune is not an option as I don't trust finding good quality premium at some of my destinations.
Maybe I am just stuck with a level & lose some MPG and just overthinking this? Looking for optimal comfort, performance & quality.
Sponsored

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
From my understanding, the Fox 2.0 setup and most kits are adjustable in the front from 0-2.5 inches. So to my understanding, you could in fact put on the Fox 2.0's and it be lower in the front still(like stock).

A guy on here named Frenchy swears by his Old man Emu setup. Since you sound like you'll have some weight in the back you might want to give their kits a look due to them tailoring their kits for towing/load.

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
The “Ford”/Fox 2.0 level kit is set at 2.0. Further adjustments are not recommended by Ford.

OP
OP
First Name
Ameridorian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't seem to find the answer for this one. I'm working on a build that will be exported to SA next year. Without getting into the weeds I can't export $1 over 36k MSRP total so I just bought a new Silver 2020 Ranger CC 4x4 XL with locker & 16" steelies. I just received a set of 5 new 17" Raptor rims you guys are dumping on e-bay. They may be old news here but they will look sharp & unique in SA. I'll be putting Cooper Discoverer AT 4S 265/65/17's on them. I want to get rid of the stock suspension but I want to stay OEM as much as possible. I want to stay away from a level if at all possible and lose least amount of MPG possible. Can I take that Fox 2.0 kit by Ford or the 2.0 not by Ford and lower the front a bit from level for OEM dynamics & still get a superior ride? Or is there a superior shock swap? Mostly be driving on hwy & dirt roads but also on beaches, desert sand & some muddy roads.
As far as rear weight I have not decided yet on a Diamdback cover or an RSI cap. So maybe 500-700lbs total on the bed when traveling away from home base. When traveling I assume the weight will create its own level. The 2.0 rears up to this weight? I looked at an add a leaf if needed & also the OME build which I like but that also seems to level the truck. The Ford tune is not an option as I don't trust finding good quality premium at some of my destinations.
Maybe I am just stuck with a level & lose some MPG and just overthinking this? Looking for optimal comfort, performance & quality.

OP
OP
First Name
Ameridorian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just reached out to Fox with these questions so will be interested in what they have to say concerning lowering either 2.0 & the load on the rears. It could be OME meets my needs & I just don't know it yet. Appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP
First Name
Ameridorian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After comparing the build quality of Aussies vs Taiwan & the 3yr vs 1 year warranty the OME fits my needs. Ordered it today. Could be an 8 week lead time though n some pieces as they don't have shocks or coils at this time.
Sponsored