TSB: SSM 47789 - 2019 Ranger – Rough Brake Application

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I've a 2019 Lariat and am experiencing a mild studder/mild bucking when braking and slowing below approx 40 mph. Sometimes after taking my foot off of the brakes the truck sometimes still feels like it is slightly bucking. Occurs 75% of the time. Only 2300 miles on truck, and this issue has been persistent since purchased. Anyone still having this issue? Wanted to take the truck in to the dealer but I couldn't find a current copy of the TSB mentioned in the IP anywhere on line.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
There's no TSB, I had no fewer than 10 visits to the dealer. I think they fixed it this time, but it's too soon to tell. I have 37000 miles now.

Keep taking it in and keep telling them that it's broken. Make them replace the pads AND rotors at the same time since that seems to be what has fixed it this time for me.
Sponsored

GW Hayduke

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
There's no TSB, I had no fewer than 10 visits to the dealer. I think they fixed it this time, but it's too soon to tell. I have 37000 miles now.

Keep taking it in and keep telling them that it's broken. Make them replace the pads AND rotors at the same time since that seems to be what has fixed it this time for me.
Thanks, t4thfavor! Persistence seems to be required with dealerships! I'll post an update once I get the truck worked on.

melhoff13

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Accountant
Love my 2019 Ranger but the brakes are garbage. I've had squeaking and vibration pretty much from day 1. The dealer has shaved all 4 rotors down multiple times. Replaced two of the rotors because they were burned and replaced all pads three times. This was all under 50k miles. I finally got fed up and went to Firestone. Had them install after market rotors and pads all the way around. Not a single squeak or vibration since then. $1,100 later, but well worth it. The Firestone tech said brake issues on Rangers are very profitable for them. SMH.
Sponsored