TSB: SSM 47844 - 2019 Ranger - SYNC 3 - SYNC Wi-Fi Message - Network Connection Needed

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Alex6511

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 301A, Tech, Spot, Bed Utility and Trailer tow packages.
Occupation
Software Engineer
yep got this fun one too. The portal does finally show me that an update is available so i'll roll the usb version.
I find it amusing though that the wireless connection info displays the subnet mask as hexidecimal instead of dotted decimal. <shakes fist>
You sure it's not just IPv6?

lawrence

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Taurus SHO , 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4 Lightning Blue Sport Appearance Package Tow Package
TSB: SSM 47844 - 2019 Ranger - SYNC 3 - SYNC Wi-Fi Message - Network Connection Needed - Displayed After Trusted Wi-Fi Connection

Some 2019 Ranger vehicles with SYNC 3 may show a pop-up message every key cycle that states "Network Connection Needed - To complete the system updates your vehicle should connect to a Wi-Fi network or through the FordPass app. Until the update is complete, some features may not be available. Would you like to attempt to connect to a Wi-Fi network now?" This message may occur, even if SYNC has been connected to a trusted Wi-Fi source. To temporarily remove the inconvenience of this pop-up message, advise the customer from SYNC to select Settings > Automatic Updates > System Wi-Fi and turn off System Wi-Fi, then turn off automatic system updates. Engineering is investigating, monitor OASIS for updates.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2019 TRUCK: FG P375N RANGER

IMG_2190 (2).jpg
I had this issue. I found that a 10A fuse was missing from the interior fuse box. Have not had an issue since.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
TSB: SSM 47844 - 2019 Ranger - SYNC 3 - SYNC Wi-Fi Message - Network Connection Needed - Displayed After Trusted Wi-Fi Connection

Some 2019 Ranger vehicles with SYNC 3 may show a pop-up message every key cycle that states "Network Connection Needed - To complete the system updates your vehicle should connect to a Wi-Fi network or through the FordPass app. Until the update is complete, some features may not be available. Would you like to attempt to connect to a Wi-Fi network now?" This message may occur, even if SYNC has been connected to a trusted Wi-Fi source. To temporarily remove the inconvenience of this pop-up message, advise the customer from SYNC to select Settings > Automatic Updates > System Wi-Fi and turn off System Wi-Fi, then turn off automatic system updates. Engineering is investigating, monitor OASIS for updates.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2019 TRUCK: FG P375N RANGER

IMG_2190 (2).jpg
Of course, I have this issue.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
I still get that message after the update too. Not sure if I want to deal with a master reset to fix it.

DanZ

First Name
DanZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
My Sync is still having issues. Has there been an update? I've only seen it talk about updates when I have the autoupdate enabled, so that's still no correct I think, and when I plug in my iPhone after I start the truck it locks the system. Any updates yet?
Sponsored