TSB: SSM 47844 - 2019 Ranger - SYNC 3 - SYNC Wi-Fi Message - Network Connection Needed

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
TSB: SSM 47844 - 2019 Ranger - SYNC 3 - SYNC Wi-Fi Message - Network Connection Needed - Displayed After Trusted Wi-Fi Connection

Some 2019 Ranger vehicles with SYNC 3 may show a pop-up message every key cycle that states "Network Connection Needed - To complete the system updates your vehicle should connect to a Wi-Fi network or through the FordPass app. Until the update is complete, some features may not be available. Would you like to attempt to connect to a Wi-Fi network now?" This message may occur, even if SYNC has been connected to a trusted Wi-Fi source. To temporarily remove the inconvenience of this pop-up message, advise the customer from SYNC to select Settings > Automatic Updates > System Wi-Fi and turn off System Wi-Fi, then turn off automatic system updates. Engineering is investigating, monitor OASIS for updates.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2019 TRUCK: FG P375N RANGER

IMG_2190 (2).jpg
Sponsored

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
TSB: SSM 47844 - 2019 Ranger - SYNC 3 - SYNC Wi-Fi Message - Network Connection Needed - Displayed After Trusted Wi-Fi Connection

Some 2019 Ranger vehicles with SYNC 3 may show a pop-up message every key cycle that states "Network Connection Needed - To complete the system updates your vehicle should connect to a Wi-Fi network or through the FordPass app. Until the update is complete, some features may not be available. Would you like to attempt to connect to a Wi-Fi network now?" This message may occur, even if SYNC has been connected to a trusted Wi-Fi source. To temporarily remove the inconvenience of this pop-up message, advise the customer from SYNC to select Settings > Automatic Updates > System Wi-Fi and turn off System Wi-Fi, then turn off automatic system updates. Engineering is investigating, monitor OASIS for updates.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

IMG_2190 (2).jpg
Getting really tired of this. How is turn off WiFi a solution?

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I turned off auto updates. I also updated Sync via USB, and didn't turn auto updates back on after that. Honestly, the USB-based updates are easy enough to do, I don't see where I need OTA updates, especially if they are buggy.

DanZ

First Name
DanZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I see that we're to "...monitor OASIS for updates". Is there a website for that? Also what is the latest update available? Under About Sync it states: --Sync 3 Software Version: 3.3 Build 18295_PRODUCT-- Is the USB version more recent than that?
Also I'm not sure I want to turn off auto-updates as I wouldn't know when it would be available otherwise unless OASIS is a website. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I see that we're to "...monitor OASIS for updates". Is there a website for that? Also what is the latest update available? Under About Sync it states: --Sync 3 Software Version: 3.3 Build 18295_PRODUCT-- Is the USB version more recent than that?
Also I'm not sure I want to turn off auto-updates as I wouldn't know when it would be available otherwise unless OASIS is a website. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.
OASIS is Ford's internal website. There's no way for the general public to monitor that.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

IMG_2190 (2).jpg
Thanks!

At least I'm not alone!

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
You need to download the update from the Ford Owners webpage and put it on a usb stick. There are instructions on the webpage. Dealer could do it too.

Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
yep got this fun one too. The portal does finally show me that an update is available so i'll roll the usb version.
I find it amusing though that the wireless connection info displays the subnet mask as hexidecimal instead of dotted decimal. <shakes fist>

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
Have
You need to download the update from the Ford Owners webpage and put it on a usb stick. There are instructions on the webpage. Dealer could do it too.
You got a link? Would love to load in USA brain, into southern hemisphere 4x4 machine
Sponsored