TSB: 19-2052 - 2019 Ranger - Engine Cold Start Runs Rough / Rough Shifting Transmission

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
At the dealership and there giving me issues on updating it. About to drive it with manager to show the rough shifting.

Also he explained that updates not in a recall cost money to have done?! Anyone else have issues like that or pushback from a ford service department?
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
At the dealership and there giving me issues on updating it. About to drive it with manager to show the rough shifting.

Also he explained that updates not in a recall cost money to have done?! Anyone else have issues like that or pushback from a ford service department?
Did you give them the TSB #? You shouldn't pay anything if your truck qualifies for the TSB.

Tell them to call Ford Corporate for advice. The TSB was released 3/13, so the local dealer may not even be aware of it.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase

Not exactly right, a TSB is not a recall. A tsb helps the technician repair a problem and IS paid for by Ford. The problem comes from tsb's are VIN specific and only covered if VIN applies to that specific tsb. If not and dealer applies it, he does not get compensated. Ask "is my VIN covered by this specific tsb"? YES/NO?

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Not exactly right, a TSB is not a recall. A tsb helps the technician repair a problem and IS paid for by Ford. The problem comes from tsb's are VIN specific and only covered if VIN applies to that specific tsb. If not and dealer applies it, he does not get compensated. Ask "is my VIN covered by this specific tsb"? YES/NO?
That’s what I asked. He’s looking and calling. My build date was January. Also of course when I drove with him it didn’t do it. But I’ve also driven it and it didn’t happen, but he’s looking it up and my VIN shows as needing it so thanks manager guy!! Lol

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I asked. He’s looking and calling. My build date was January. Also of course when I drove with him it didn’t do it. But I’ve also driven it and it didn’t happen, but he’s looking it up and my VIN shows as needing it so thanks manager guy!! Lol
If you qualify for the TSB (I believe you do), the update should be quick. Hopefully you'l have your Ranger back tonight or tomorrow.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He said give them an hour. :)
My dealership told me it only takes 3 miles of driving to recalibrate the transmission shifting, so you should notice a difference immediately.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
I'm getting it done on Monday. I hope you guys are aware that you are setting expectations really high. If it doesn't live up to the hype then I am holding everyone here responsible! ;)

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
I'm having mine updated Friday morning. I've been noticing the rough shifting a lot more the past few days. Looking forward to getting this cleared up!

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Got mine Saturday; the blend date on it was 1/28/2019. It has about 135 miles on it now. It was shifting rough on take off up to about 30 or 40 MPH. This lasted until yesterday (about 120 miles on it). It seems to be shifting smoother in the lower MPH range now; I think it is still in the shift point learning process. When I bought it, I asked the dealer to check the TSBs and apply all that were applicable to my VIN; not sure what they actually did. I'm taking it back Monday for trailer hitch, spray-in bed liner and window tinting. If it is still shifting rough I will ask the service department to take a look at it then.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
So, the dealer I bought it at said "Oh, the tech has to drive and see.". I said I'll be picking up my truck. Taking it my buddy's dealer and he's just going to write it up and do it.
Sponsored