TSB 20-2339 Vehicle Buck/Surge During Low Speed Operation And/Or Engine Runs Rough After Cold Start

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
So if this applies to our rangers and we have a tune, does these mean we need to set it back to stock and then request another tune file?

I have the livernoise.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
So if this applies to our rangers and we have a tune, does these mean we need to set it back to stock and then request another tune file?

I have the livernoise.
Any time you plan to take a custom tuned vehicle into a dealership or service center you'll always want to start out by returning the truck to the original factory calibration especially if you feel they are going to do any software updates or TSBs. With our Mycal you simply select Programming, then Return to Stock to complete the process.

Once you have the vehicle back from service you'll then need to use your Module Info menu of the Mycal to verify if they've updated you to a newer / different stock ECU strategy that would require updated tunes. Then you'd simply compare your ECU / SW codes before and after the visit to see if they match , sending a new email tune request with those codes again if different. From there we would build new custom tunes from Ford's latest and greatest stock cal updates and also reset your device's stock cal read to allow you to save the new stock cal before programming. Feel free to give us a call. PM, or email if you need any assistance with that and we would be happy to help out! 313-561-5500 ext 1 [email protected]

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I’ve been dealing with this issue since day 1 of buying the truck and couldn’t convince the dealer that it was happening. Only on cold start and the first shift from 3-4 always surges/bucks. Now I just have to convince them to do it, that’s the hard part.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
How are they recalibrating the speedometer?

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Ok...

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My appointment is Friday for this and getting them to recal the speedo from where they installed 33” tires long before I bought it. Its off 1 mph by every 10mph actual. So it is 70 its showing 77
Let us know if they give you a hard time regarding the TSB and if they want to replicate it before they fix it.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know if they give you a hard time regarding the TSB and if they want to replicate it before they fix it.
Oh they’re going to be really upset when I do the other TSB regarding the driveshaft on lifted rangers because they install the 2.5 inch level prior to me even coming along and buying the truck. Not my problem its the dealers.

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Oh they’re going to be really upset when I do the other TSB regarding the driveshaft on lifted rangers because they install the 2.5 inch level prior to me even coming along and buying the truck. Not my problem its the dealers.
Give em hell lol

Metalshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
A level kit has no effect on driveline angles, only a rear lift does.
Sponsored