Rough shifting TSB and water spots on the gauge cluster

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Hey guys! I'm new to this community and to owning a Ranger. I just picked up my slightly used Lariat FX4 with 12k miles on the clock. Is there a way to see if any TSB work has been completed on this thing? Specifically the one for the rough idle / rough shifting PCM update. I do have rough shifting on some of the lower gears but I'm not sure what "shifting right" is supposed feel like for this new-fangled 10-spd gearbox. I do know that after I purchased my Focus RS, I called Ford customer care and they were able to tell me if the head gasket recall work was completed. Am I able to do this with this specific TSB?

Another question, there's a BUNCH of water spots on the backside of the gauge cluster. I know they're on the back because my automotive-ADD kicked in and I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and they are still there. Would something like this be covered under warranty? It should, shouldn't it since it's a sealed part?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SpaceRanger

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*UPDATE* (Even though nobody's replied to this...)

On top of a few other things, the dealership performed the PCM update for the TSB (for rough shifting). They also ordered a new gauge cluster and will be replacing the water-spotted cluster as soon as they get the new one in.

Maybe somebody will find this useful, that this is all covered under warranty. :whew:

GrayGen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received Ranger September 19th. Hot Pepper Red Lariat 4x2. Locking rear axle 501 package Spray bedliner Bed extender & more
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
*UPDATE* (Even though nobody's replied to this...)

On top of a few other things, the dealership performed the PCM update for the TSB (for rough shifting). They also ordered a new gauge cluster and will be replacing the water-spotted cluster as soon as they get the new one in.

Maybe somebody will find this useful, that this is all covered under warranty. :whew:
Sounds like everything is working out well. I was afraid you might have bought a flood vehicle. Glad the warranty held up. Have fun with your new buy.

OP
OP
SpaceRanger

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like everything is working out well. I was afraid you might have bought a flood vehicle. Glad the warranty held up. Have fun with your new buy.
God I hope not. If it was, they lied or manipulated the car fax.
Sponsored