Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
Tow Package includes:
• 4-pin/7-pin Wiring Harness
• Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
The “guess” was referring to wether a larger radiator or trans cooler are still useful in towing? I am thinking they would be but cost factors prevented Ford to add them to the Toe Package. But then, I admit I am just beginning to learn what I can about towing and pickups. Thanks

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The “guess” was referring to wether a larger radiator or trans cooler are still useful in towing? I am thinking they would be but cost factors prevented Ford to add them to the Toe Package. But then, I admit I am just beginning to learn what I can about towing and pickups. Thanks
I would think if those items I posted were included they would be listed and the tow pkg would be more than $495. If those items are included...what a bargain.
Seems those extra items aren't needed now but would be nice to have. I don't tow but still would love to have a tow pkg if those items were included.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would think if those items I posted were included they would be listed and the tow pkg would be more than $495. If those items are included...what a bargain.
Seems those extra items aren't needed now but would be nice to have. I don't tow but still would love to have a tow pkg if those items were included.
The Tacoma comes with the heavy duty battery as well as a transmission cooler, engine oil cooler, 130-amp alternator, heavy-duty battery, 7-pin connector with converter and Trailer-Sway Tow package is installed which seems to be on every truck $650

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Tacoma comes with the heavy duty battery as well as a transmission cooler, engine oil cooler, 130-amp alternator, heavy-duty battery, 7-pin connector with converter and Trailer-Sway Tow package is installed which seems to be on every truck $650
Nice items for only $650!

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
What should i look to buy if I didn't order this from the factory? Most i'd be towing is a utility trailer at the moment.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
What should i look to buy if I didn't order this from the factory? Most i'd be towing is a utility trailer at the moment.
My truck comes next week sans tow package. Getting it added at the dealer. I’ve asked for a quote. I think it’s just the hitch and the wiring harness. Will let you know what the quote is.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
2 heavy duty batteries?

o_O

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I am trying to get this figured out as well. My understanding is the receivers are not available, getting estimates of 2 weeks to end of year. Dealer suggested I go after market, but I want to wait for Ford OEM.

I ordered the 7 pin bumper mount connector (received and looks right) waiting on wire harness and receiver mount. Install looks easy, 4 bolts off, swap all the stuff out (wire harness, bumper trim, sensors) 6 bolts back on.

For now, you can mount ball to bumper, there is a 4 pin connector under the number, tow a small trailer. My issue for my jetski is the bumper is a bit high.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to get this figured out as well. My understanding is the receivers are not available, getting estimates of 2 weeks to end of year. Dealer suggested I go after market, but I want to wait for Ford OEM.

I ordered the 7 pin bumper mount connector (received and looks right) waiting on wire harness and receiver mount. Install looks easy, 4 bolts off, swap all the stuff out (wire harness, bumper trim, sensors) 6 bolts back on.

For now, you can mount ball to bumper, there is a 4 pin connector under the number, tow a small trailer. My issue for my jetski is the bumper is a bit high.
I plan to install a Reese 2" step bumper receiver hitch ($20 on Amazon). Rated for 350lb. tongue weight and 3500lb. towing capacity. I only need it to tow a small boat trailer and other accessories. With this you could use a drop hitch receiver bar. Where is the 4-pin connector located if you don't have the trailer tow package?

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
Where is the 4-pin connector located if you don't have the trailer tow package?
It's a few inches to the left of the ball mount, it is mounted to the underside of the bumper. It's hard to see unless you look under the bumper, it's set back a bit.

19silversport

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You'll need that plug in assembly that goes into the black plastic to the left of the license plate. I guess the area that has the cut out design has to be cut out.
Does anyone know if the wiring for a hitch set up is in back to plug in ?

Last edited:

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
You'll need that plug in assembly that goes into the black plastic to the left of the license plate. I guess the area that has the cut out design has to be cut out.
Does anyone know if the wiring for a hitch set up is in back to plug in ?
There is a connector, but I believe you need a harness to go from that connector to the back of the in bumper plug.
Sponsored