OP

Advnirvana

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4 Carbonized Grey
Honestly, you will probably be happy either way but I can tell you I went Tremor over FX4 because it basically had everything done that I would have wanted to do. The rear leaf springs and interior were a bit of the wild card bonus AND it will all be covered under any normal insurance plan. We traded in my wife's Escape and our insurance didn't even go up.

The main thing I do not like about the Tremor is that the front fox 2.0 struts are NOT threaded so I will need to use a 0.5-1.0 spacer to get the front where I want. Otherwise, I even like the tires. They did well on sand which was my biggest concern. Still going to play on sand a little more but I may even just stick to these tires long term.

Otherwise, glad we got the Tremor as all I am really worried about now is what lighting I want to get and that front leveling kit I mentioned.

One funny thing, normal people must notice the cool factor of the Tremor over normal Rangers because I have not received compliments in any other car I have owned by normal random people other than my '66 Mustang. We have had our Tremor about 3 weeks not and at least once a week someone asks me about it.
Thanks AWD.NV.
I guess the biggest concern on I have also is that the Fox 2.0 on the Tremor are not adjustable (threaded). Sounds like you are going to level it with a spacer. I would be definitely interested in what options you are looking at for that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Advnirvana

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where in Eastern ON? I am in K-Town. I got the Lariat FX4, and I am happy, suits my needs. Would I like a Tremor? Absolutely. Do I need it? Not really. I think you can probably mod up from the FX4 but the tremor comes pretty much ready. I think with modding up you can get exactly what you’re looking for. My 2 cents
Thanks FloggingBishop.
I am just a little bit east of Brockville...not far.
I am looking at an FX4 in Kingston...and then a Tremor in Cobourg this week.
Have you done anything to the FX4 or keeping it as stock? It is definitely a nice truck.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Thanks FloggingBishop.
I am just a little bit east of Brockville...not far.
I am looking at an FX4 in Kingston...and then a Tremor in Cobourg this week.
Have you done anything to the FX4 or keeping it as stock? It is definitely a nice truck.
I bought mine from Greg at Bradens...
As for mods, I put in the Mishimoto cold air intake (I originally installed the aFe Quantum CAI and the scoop, but it was more then I needed. Let me know if you’re interested in it and we can sort something out, it’s great just was too much for my style of driving) I also added a new grille, and VelossaTech intake. Really besides the CAI and intake most the things I have done are aesthetic. I’m probably going to do shocks and a level at some point, maybe new rubber. Oh and I installed the controversial tailgate damper....

Tyler.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Having owned a '20 FX4 and now a '21 Tremor I can say the Tremor drives like a different vehicle all together. For the cost difference in the FX4 package vs. the Tremor you can't perform the upgrades for the same money. FP Fox 2.0, wheels, tires, rear leafs, flares, switches, labor, side bars, and interior touches (last 2 being subjective). If you are satisfied with the increased ride height on the Tremor, stance, and the tire size then it's a great value. If you want a "lifted" truck with 33s or larger then don't waste your money on the Tremor. If you get a chance, drive them both. Just my $.02...

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go Tremor to have more under warranty. I think they look fantastic and the added features and upgrades are nicely done. That Cactus Grey or Black Tremor look so good!

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Thanks AWD.NV.
I guess the biggest concern on I have also is that the Fox 2.0 on the Tremor are not adjustable (threaded). Sounds like you are going to level it with a spacer. I would be definitely interested in what options you are looking at for that.
The Traxda 1" kit is on my list. I am just waiting till I do not have such a busy schedule. I estimate that will leave the rear about 0.5" higher and since I tow often, it is not bad thing. Even stock it doesn't look as bad as an FX4 but want it a little closer to level.

As mentioned, all of these upgrades are under warranty too and doing these later would mean you may need to fight the dealer on some repairs as some dealers are happy to get something as customer pay and some dealers will just warranty it out. Depends on your local dealer. Maybe even talk to the service manager to see how they handle those situations.

OP
OP

Advnirvana

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for input . Very appreciative.
Well I went ahead and purchased and pickup up a 2021 Lariat FX4 in Carbonized grey. As part of the deal ordered the Fox 2.0 tuned suspension from the dealer and should have it in a few days.
I could not pass on the deal for the Lariat ..... for the value versus the Tremor price.
Thanks again everyone.

BC0CF0D9-55FF-4802-9213-3E244B9FC633.jpeg

OP
OP

Advnirvana

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought mine from Greg at Bradens...
As for mods, I put in the Mishimoto cold air intake (I originally installed the aFe Quantum CAI and the scoop, but it was more then I needed. Let me know if you’re interested in it and we can sort something out, it’s great just was too much for my style of driving) I also added a new grille, and VelossaTech intake. Really besides the CAI and intake most the things I have done are aesthetic. I’m probably going to do shocks and a level at some point, maybe new rubber. Oh and I installed the controversial tailgate damper....

Tyler.
Hey Tyler
I might be interested in your CAI.
I picked up my 2021 Lariat FX4 yesterday. Will be installing the Fox 2.0 in the coming weeks.
Message me with what you are thinking for the CAI...I could take a run out to Kingston.
Andy

MauiRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4*4 Lariat
Occupation
cook
Thanks again Scooter.
You and others bring up some great points.
I am mechanically inclined (if I have instructions), have the tools, and the shop. Just not sure if it is worth building it up myself.
Couple of things that I would like to do to the Tremor have adjustability to level it ( a little too much rake stock) and to possibly go with a 33 inch tire (BFG AT). But on the other hand it looks like the Ford engineers have built the Tremor this way for a reason and it is good right out of the box.
Going to take another look at the Lariat/ Tremor and see if I can live with the rake/stance the way it is.
Has it been confirmed that the Fox 2.0:setup on the Tremor is different than the Ford tuned package? I know the rears are different that they have remote reservoirs...but I haven’t heard if the fronts are different.
I like the Lariat upgrades, then some upgrades that I think look & perform better.

side pix.jpg

passenger side view.jpg

drivers side.jpg

Spacers added.jpg

OP
OP

Advnirvana

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great looking truck @MauiRanger .
Can you provide some details on the upgrades (suspension, wheels, etc)?
Looks like you are running with Nitto 17s correct?

Thanks
Andy

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
If the Tremor package had been available when I purchased my 2020 FX4, I would have chosen the Tremor. That said, if the Ranger Raptor had been available, I would have bought that. I’ll hold on to my FX4 until Ranger Raptor becomes a reality in the United States.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, you will probably be happy either way but I can tell you I went Tremor over FX4 because it basically had everything done that I would have wanted to do. The rear leaf springs and interior were a bit of the wild card bonus AND it will all be covered under any normal insurance plan. We traded in my wife's Escape and our insurance didn't even go up.

The main thing I do not like about the Tremor is that the front fox 2.0 struts are NOT threaded so I will need to use a 0.5-1.0 spacer to get the front where I want. Otherwise, I even like the tires. They did well on sand which was my biggest concern. Still going to play on sand a little more but I may even just stick to these tires long term.

Otherwise, glad we got the Tremor as all I am really worried about now is what lighting I want to get and that front leveling kit I mentioned.

One funny thing, normal people must notice the cool factor of the Tremor over normal Rangers because I have not received compliments in any other car I have owned by normal random people other than my '66 Mustang. We have had our Tremor about 3 weeks not and at least once a week someone asks me about it.
Rangerlift, one of the sponsor here has a 1 inch lift for Tremor, I'm thinking about using it on my FX4 since I needed extra .5 inch for the 295/70R17 tire I got.

OP
OP

Advnirvana

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rangerlift, one of the sponsor here has a 1 inch lift for Tremor, I'm thinking about using it on my FX4 since I needed extra .5 inch for the 295/70R17 tire I got.
That is a hood option.
I ended up going with an Lariat FX4 and upgraded to the Fox tuned suspension. This allowed me to use the stock 18 inch wheels and went with a 33 inch tire (265/70/18) no mods or cutting.
Sponsored