Ranger Tremor vs ZR2

OP
OP

TunaFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The newer tech performs very well. So much so I'd say a true front locker isn't needed. But, it's not quite as good as a true locker. IMO.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
This is kind of a bad example due to the awful tires Toyota puts on their TRD Pro, but you can see how easily the ZR2 climbed up that hill due to its front locker, .....and tires.

Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro vs Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison: One Struggles and One Makes It In Texas Mud - YouTube

Skip to 8:00 min mark.
TFL has the Gladiator Rubicon vs Tacoma vs Ranger video. The Rubicon had everything locked and still hung up on an obstacle that the Ranger just crawled right over.

Frankly, I'm getting bored with these slack jaw comparisons. Point the Tremor and ZR2 up a rocky rutted out hill steep enough to stop one of them.

OP
OP

TunaFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
TFL has the Gladiator Rubicon vs Tacoma vs Ranger video. The Rubicon had everything locked and still hung up on an obstacle that the Ranger just crawled right over.

Frankly, I'm getting bored with these slack jaw comparisons. Point the Tremor and ZR2 up a rocky rutted out hill steep enough to stop one of them.
I saw that video. The system Ford is using is arguably better than Toyotas. Functions more smoothly with less sound. Good stuff.

Most of these trucks will all go the same places with little issue.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I look forward to some dry rocky stuff. I hope they push them until one fails. The front locker debate needs to be addressed.
Is this really a debate? A front locker would make for a much more controlled crawling experience rather than the high revving that tends to happen when you let traction control do the job.

OP
OP

TunaFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Front Locker > Terrain Management > 100% open diff with no traction control.

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
He seemed irritated there's no damper on the tailgate of the Ranger. That's my takeaway...
they never mention that the Rangers tailgate in aluminum and not steel so its not as heavy and doesn't need a damper

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
they never mention that the Rangers tailgate in aluminum and not steel so its not as heavy and doesn't need a damper
And to think, you can buy a $30 damper to keep it from slamming down and to avoid buying a Chevy. Double bonus!!!
Sponsored