Basic Tremor Build

Ranger Sam

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Hi everyone, I purchased my '21 XLT Tremor from a dealer in Colorado a few days before Thanksgiving and have loved driving the 2,000 miles I have put on it so far. I did extensive research on this forum when I was deciding between this and a Tacoma. I am glad I went the ranger route as overall I feel it is a better truck.

I got lucky when I started to seriously look for a truck to purchase. I had a specific build I wanted: XLT (hated the dash in the Lariat), Carbonized Gray, Tow package, Tremor package, remote start, and 301A. I would have liked the manual rear sliding glass, but I didn't want the power seats and $2,450 was too much to justify it, and I also did not want adaptive cruise control with the tech package. No dealerships in Utah or Idaho had a tremor at all, so I decided to look at a dealer I had previous ties to in Denver, and to my great surprise, they had the exact truck I wanted in transit. I called them up and had them install the dealer-installed spray-in Bedliner and trailer brake controller. The truck was ready to be picked up right before Thanksgiving so I flew up to Denver and drove the truck home to Utah. The drive was wonderful and I fell in love with the truck. There was some sort of communication issue at the dealer and they had not installed the brake controller, but cut me a check for the labor and gave me the part. A little annoying, but I will get that installed myself this summer.

That first week I had the truck I installed the Revolver X4s rolling bed cover (I wanted something to protect my great in the truck, bed, but was easily removable and that wasn't a tri-fold.) I have enjoyed this cover so far.

I then installed the rough country LED light bar in the front grill and wired it up to the up fitter switches. I have enjoyed using that so far as well.

After Thanksgiving, I drove the truck back up to Idaho where I live and it was a much more comfortable and enjoyable driving experience coming from the '06 Nissan Xterra that I had before.

Over Christmas, I installed the Baja designs SAE Amber fog lights and they have worked well in the snowy conditions here in Idaho. In fact, the whole truck has done well in the snow. I pulled my friend out of a snowbank last week and the truck did amazing.

In love with the truck so far and looking forward to many happy years and many more modifications to come.

Future modifications:

-12v bed power, ditch lights, performance exhaust, performance tune, air compressor, maybe a decked drawer system, and very far down the line a roof rack or bed rack.

tempImageaTz7JF.jpg
tempImagezB5aVa.jpg

tempImageevV8Tw.jpg
Sponsored

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Hi everyone, I purchased my '21 XLT Tremor from a dealer in Colorado a few days before Thanksgiving and have loved driving the 2,000 miles I have put on it so far. I did extensive research on this forum when I was deciding between this and a Tacoma. I am glad I went the ranger route as overall I feel it is a better truck.

I got lucky when I started to seriously look for a truck to purchase. I had a specific build I wanted: XLT (hated the dash in the Lariat), Carbonized Gray, Tow package, Tremor package, remote start, and 301A. I would have liked the manual rear sliding glass, but I didn't want the power seats and $2,450 was too much to justify it, and I also did not want adaptive cruise control with the tech package. No dealerships in Utah or Idaho had a tremor at all, so I decided to look at a dealer I had previous ties to in Denver, and to my great surprise, they had the exact truck I wanted in transit. I called them up and had them install the dealer-installed spray-in Bedliner and trailer brake controller. The truck was ready to be picked up right before Thanksgiving so I flew up to Denver and drove the truck home to Utah. The drive was wonderful and I fell in love with the truck. There was some sort of communication issue at the dealer and they had not installed the brake controller, but cut me a check for the labor and gave me the part. A little annoying, but I will get that installed myself this summer.

That first week I had the truck I installed the Revolver X4s rolling bed cover (I wanted something to protect my great in the truck, bed, but was easily removable and that wasn't a tri-fold.) I have enjoyed this cover so far.

I then installed the rough country LED light bar in the front grill and wired it up to the up fitter switches. I have enjoyed using that so far as well.

After Thanksgiving, I drove the truck back up to Idaho where I live and it was a much more comfortable and enjoyable driving experience coming from the '06 Nissan Xterra that I had before.

Over Christmas, I installed the Baja designs SAE Amber fog lights and they have worked well in the snowy conditions here in Idaho. In fact, the whole truck has done well in the snow. I pulled my friend out of a snowbank last week and the truck did amazing.

In love with the truck so far and looking forward to many happy years and many more modifications to come.

Future modifications:

-12v bed power, ditch lights, performance exhaust, performance tune, air compressor, maybe a decked drawer system, and very far down the line a roof rack or bed rack.

tempImageaTz7JF.jpg
tempImagezB5aVa.jpg

tempImageevV8Tw.jpg
Nice ride, congrats!

SEkevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2021 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare

Future modifications:

tempImageaTz7JF.jpg
tempImagezB5aVa.jpg

tempImageevV8Tw.jpg
Love the Carb grey! Glad to hear you’re loving the truck. I’m still smiling all the time in mine!

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This is the exact setup I'm looking at! I'm torn on the color but really loving the Carbonized Gray.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Sam - welcome. It was great to hear the story of your great Ranger experience. Here’s to many, many more!

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Congrats on scoring the exact specs you wanted.

If I may ask, how much brighter would those BD SAE fog lights be compared to stock halogen fogs? I have their Sport versions on our Honda Pilot and while I feel they are bright enough, I blame the Honda front for shrouding the light. That said, it makes me a bit worried about going SAE over Sport.

So far I put some Amazon yellow LED in my fog housing mostly so I stand out to other drivers on the road for safety but they are probably dimmer than stock halogen unfortunately. I am tempted to leave them in to not upset the police and just get BD Squadron Pro in the opening in the lower bumper.

If those SAE units are noticeably brighter than stock, it might just be the best solution since they are SAE approved. Then I can save the Squadron Pro for the ditch lights.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Ranger Sam

Ranger Sam

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on scoring the exact specs you wanted.

If I may ask, how much brighter would those BD SAE fog lights be compared to stock halogen fogs? I have their Sport versions on our Honda Pilot and while I feel they are bright enough, I blame the Honda front for shrouding the light. That said, it makes me a bit worried about going SAE over Sport.

So far I put some Amazon yellow LED in my fog housing mostly so I stand out to other drivers on the road for safety but they are probably dimmer than stock halogen unfortunately. I am tempted to leave them in to not upset the police and just get BD Squadron Pro in the opening in the lower bumper.

If those SAE units are noticeably brighter than stock, it might just be the best solution since they are SAE approved. Then I can save the Squadron Pro for the ditch lights.

Thanks in advance.
There is definitely a noticeable difference in brightness, but it is not outrageous.

I had a really hard time deciding between the SAE and the Sport, but I figured I did not want to risk getting in trouble as I drive with them on all the time in the winter. Like you, I wanted them to stand out a little more, but also be functional as I find myself making long drives between Utah and Idaho and the amber helps a ton in snowstorms, or even when I'm driving in the snow on the back roads.

For times when I need the extra light on back roads or on the trail, I have the rough country 20in light bar in the lower bumper with the possibility of upgrading to the Baja designs light bar later on. I find that this current setup provides me with sufficient functional light both on and off-road.

I came across this video where a guy takes down both the SAE and the Sport and it seems to me if you purchase the SAE you might be able to remove the features that make it SAE and have a light more similar to the sport.

(he is using his Tacoma to test these)

Best of luck, hope this helps!

hogsrear

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX
Nice truck! After seeing these photos I just grabbed on the Rough Country light bar kit, it fills that space perfectly. Happen to have any photos with it lit up/from the drivers seat at night?

OP
OP
Ranger Sam

Ranger Sam

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice truck! After seeing these photos I just grabbed on the Rough Country light bar kit, it fills that space perfectly. Happen to have any photos with it lit up/from the drivers seat at night?
Yeah, I like how it fills the space and isn't too noticeable when not turned on. I do not have any photos of it turned on at night. It does make a big difference though. The only downside is because it is so low on the truck it doesn't seem to travel very far. It is like having one huge LED fog light.
Sponsored