Biggest tire fit on Tremor? (No modifications)

Swampfox

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 21 Bronco Sport 12 Jeep JK
Guys, I have a set of 285/70/17 MT tires on my Wrangler I wanna put on my Ranger. What will I need to fit these? Will they clear the knuckle or do I need spacers and if I need them what size? The goal is to keep from lifting/leveling and while using as small spacer as possible. Also crash bars will be taken care of if necessary.
Has anyone test fit on straight stock everything?
Sponsored

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
You would almost certainly have to remove the crash bars. My tires rubbed on the crash bars right from the factory on full lock. I removed the plastic cover on the crash bar which eliminated the rubbing, but there isn't room for a larger tire. I'm sure if they are removed you could go up in size, but not sure how much.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
They may fit with just crash bars removed sitting static but the bigger concern is rubbing when the suspension is articulated. Additionally, you will might rub the knuckles with the inside wall of the tire due to the wheel Offset.

HMG03

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, 05/06 ZX6R 636 Stunt Bike
Occupation
Firefighter
You would almost certainly have to remove the crash bars. My tires rubbed on the crash bars right from the factory on full lock. I removed the plastic cover on the crash bar which eliminated the rubbing, but there isn't room for a larger tire. I'm sure if they are removed you could go up in size, but not sure how much.
I had the exact same issue. I purchased a set if highway tires that were to exact size, and they rubbed even worse. I had to stop driving the truck until the new tires that came in could be installed. (265 65/17)

Fordsmt

First Name
Sven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Technician
What about fitting the same size spare in the factory location under the bed?
Sponsored