Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I could have swore I read that Tremors would not have the "rake" that all other Rangers have but looking at pics and videos I see that the rake is still defiantly present.
Sponsored

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Definitely still present, but i don't feel like it's as bad as on the other packages.
IMG_7829.jpeg

Picked up this beauty Saturday. Lariat with tow package. Time to start shopping accessories.

Bichin!!

First impressions??

Gunza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Grey Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT Stuff
Bichin!!

First impressions??
Love it. Traded in a 2011 Subaru Outback on it that served me well for 180k miles (bought used at 60k) but this is a step up in every way shape and form. The tech package is wonderful for long trips (my closest good friends are about 2 hours away) and the 2.3l is much peppier than I thought it'd be. Getting some liners and a bedrug shipped to me soon and should be pretty much ready to rock.

It's nice to be in a truck again. previous to the Outback, I had a 1996 Ranger (was really the family car) and then before that, 1987, 1992, and 1995 4Runners.

I looked at a SCAB FX4, and man the back seats space just wouldn't cut it. The pup's gotta have room to turn around. Very happy with the purchase.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Love it. Traded in a 2011 Subaru Outback on it that served me well for 180k miles (bought used at 60k) but this is a step up in every way shape and form. The tech package is wonderful for long trips (my closest good friends are about 2 hours away) and the 2.3l is much peppier than I thought it'd be. Getting some liners and a bedrug shipped to me soon and should be pretty much ready to rock.

It's nice to be in a truck again. previous to the Outback, I had a 1996 Ranger (was really the family car) and then before that, 1987, 1992, and 1995 4Runners.

I looked at a SCAB FX4, and man the back seats space just wouldn't cut it. The pup's gotta have room to turn around. Very happy with the purchase.
Nice CATTLE DOG!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

This guy just jumped a Tremor.
Hi Folks,

We used to do this as part of our development....This video of a jump was pretty tame for some of the jumps we did...however...we had on full face helmets. We had many 4x4 trips where someone cracked their head on the side glass. So we changed the procedure for evaluations to requiring helmets. As 4x4 became more popular, our testing procedures had to change as well. Just an FYI...

You know what we call Motorcyclist here in Arizona where they do not have to wear helmets? We call them kidney donors. Good friend who needed a kidney as both his quit. Michigan had a helmet law. He had to switch to Ohio that did not have a helmet law...he got his new kidney from Ohio... Being a racecar driver and some of the testing accidents we had with the SCCA Test mule at the proving ground... Helmets are a necessity.

Okay...back to the flame proof bunker....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Spngr

First Name
@Drewcuz
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST/Stage 3
Occupation
Macgyver at fixing all kinds of shit, and Surf Photographer
Hi Folks,

We used to do this as part of our development....This video of a jump was pretty tame for some of the jumps we did...however...we had on full face helmets. We had many 4x4 trips where someone cracked their head on the side glass. So we changed the procedure for evaluations to requiring helmets. As 4x4 became more popular, our testing procedures had to change as well. Just an FYI...

You know what we call Motorcyclist here in Arizona where they do not have to wear helmets? We call them kidney donors. Good friend who needed a kidney as both his quit. Michigan had a helmet law. He had to switch to Ohio that did not have a helmet law...he got his new kidney from Ohio... Being a racecar driver and some of the testing accidents we had with the SCCA Test mule at the proving ground... Helmets are a necessity.

Okay...back to the flame proof bunker....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Wow crazy! Thanks for the history Phil?? I once jumped my 89 xlt long bed twice that height and landed like we landed on a mattress. Ford tough is no joke ??

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Hello fellow Tremor owners.
For those with a Lariat model, did yours come with an engine cover?
Mine did not.
I’ve seen threads that stated XL and XLT’s do not but Lariats do.
I’m wondering if this changed for the 2021 models and/or Tremor packages.
It does not anymore. You'll have to order one as an accessory. They are available

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Samsquanch.

Thanks - I really like it so far, and think it looks sharp too.

The paint colour is call "conquer grey" - it is Fords version of nardo grey. It use to be a Raptor only colour, but now it is on the "special edition" FX4 Max.

I am in the process of vinyl wrapping it, the new colour is a bit more subdued and losses a little of its pop ? - but will protect it from tree pin striping off road ?.

The car is famously designed in Australia - built in Thailand. We couldn't manufacture a bicycle over here, let alone a whole car. You will notice different bonnet, front bar, tailgate and no sliding rear window (which I love the idea of).

I am interested if anyone has used their upfitter aux circuits yet.... What are you planning on using on them?

signal-2021-04-10-123945.jpeg
I know I can be a buzz kill sometimes when it comes to body, but be advised a wrap will not preserve or really protect a vehicle finish at all. Dirt and grime will get in around the edges and ruin the factory finish in a mater of a few years. Just fyi.