Advertisement

The Ranger Tremor and Stats

First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
I found this on my wall this morning about the 2021 Ranger Tremor - in the article were some interesting stats:
After unveiling the vehicle at the Detroit auto show in 2018, and hitting dealerships in 2019, Ranger is one of the few vehicles to gain sales in 2020.

In the second three months of 2019, buyers purchased:

• 68,683 Toyota Tacomas
  • 31,669 Chevy Colorados
  • 20,880 Ford Rangers
In the second three months of this year, consumers bought:

• 51,063 Toyota Tacomas
  • 25,008 Ford Rangers
  • 19,843 Chevy Colorados
Ranger rose from 10.2% of its market segment during the first six months of 2019 to 17% of the market a year later.

So we are moving up in the world!!! Here's the link to the rest of the article. https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...nger-tremor-midsize-truck-package/3471663001/ In other news, getting ready for Sally here on the Gulf Coast - to quote the title of Robert Palmer's debut album "Sneaking Sally through the Alley"...

Advertisement

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I give a small bit of credit for Ranger sales to all the cool and helpful people on this message board. Potential buyers doing research before buying a truck probably ran across this place (as I did when shopping) saw all the valuable information, cool pictures, and user experiences. :D

Heck, Ford should offer a few people here some reward points for their contributions. :cool:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2014 Ford Edge, 2010 Ford Fusion
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Manager
I give a small bit of credit for Ranger sales to all the cool and helpful people on this message board. Potential buyers doing research before buying a truck probably ran across this place (as I did when shopping) saw all the valuable information, cool pictures, and user experiences. :D

Heck, Ford should offer a few people here some reward points for their contributions. :cool:
Agreed! I did research here before buying and was sold.
And the aftermarket people making and selling products for the Rangers should offer some reward points. Maybe a free tailgate dampener... :LOL:

Igor

First Name
Igor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport

I am interested in these side steps.

Last edited:

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Well there's two rangers (three if you count the dealerships one) in my small town though mines the more decked out one

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge Sport, '20 Ranger Lariat on order
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN

Ford should definitely compensate @P. A. Schilke for what he's contributed here.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.fuelly.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge Sport, '20 Ranger Lariat on order
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Didn't they already do that by paying him a salary for years? And don't they still do that with his pension and Ford discounts? haha
Right! Love the random backstories I come across when I'm scrolling through the message boards.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't they already do that by paying him a salary for years? And don't they still do that with his pension and Ford discounts? haha
Hi Matt,

No pension....I took a lump sum buyout on recommendation of my Financial Advisor...he said I was one of the ones where this made sense.

Bit of a back story. Ford turned out the buy out option to an outside source. I got an offer compared to my pension and what my wife would get when I died...it was double but should have been 90%...So it made sense for my wife to put me on the other side of the dirt.... Something was wrong. Financial Advisor told me to take the money and run, but I elected to dump this back on the outside company to correct the mistake...Took them another 2 months to get back to me and the offer now on the table was about 1½ times the previous offer....This time I took it. Financial Advisor was blown away as we wonder how many other folks got wrong calculations. Take away here is to challenge when something is wrong...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4

Me too. I was a member of this site for over 6 months before I bought.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement