Tremor Owners and Orders Lounge

krane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Nice. Good to have options to drive. Yeah I love my ST. I really don’t want to part with her especially because I wrenched every part to get her to full stage 3 and she’s a blast to drive. I’m still trying to figure out how to keep her...
Normally I'd say cars come and go and dont sweat it but were at the end of an era for the combustion engine and especially the manual trans... So if at all possible I'd say find a way!!!
Sponsored

Spngr

First Name
@Drewcuz
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST/Stage 3
Occupation
Macgyver at fixing all kinds of shit, and Surf Photographer
Normally I'd say cars come and go and dont sweat it but were at the end of an era for the combustion engine and especially the manual trans... So if at all possible I'd say find a way!!!
Well said. ?

krane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Please give us your personal impressions on initial quality, ride, comfort, findings, ect..
Love it so far, I'm coming from a focus rs and have not had a truck prior to this. The build quality and ride are great. I love being this high when I drive lol. I'm not getting the floaty bouncy suspension many have complained about but that's because of the fox setup I'm sure. I didnt spend enough time in my test drive of a FX4 to go into great detail on the difference but the ride is very compliant on road. I'm taking it easy as break in but love the tech coming from my rs even though the sync system is not much different. It's familiar but more refined, climate and what not in screen... Remote start and lock from phone is sweet.

Over all I can just say I'm very happy with it and it's exactly what I wanted. Just did a multch run that would have taken me 7 trips in my rs lol

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I have a 2021 Lariat 501 parked out front as a loner from my dealer to see if I like it. After driving it, I really do like it. I had, and really liked my 2018 F150 Lariat 502. I traded down to a 2019 Edge SEL while waiting on a new Bronco. Still have a reservation from July 16... A truck fits about 50% of my needs/wants, an SUV the other 50%. There is compromise either way I go. The Bronco is really just what the heart wants. Dad had one growing up, the family loved it. The new one has too many shortcomings for what I would want it for and be paying. 3,500 lbs towing is the biggest drawback - want 5,000 lbs to open up some trailer options. Strongly considered another F150.

Then the Ranger Tremor popped up. This checked more boxes than a full size pickup and SUV separately. I have come to appreciate the smaller vehicle. Easier to maneuver, park, wash, etc. Not hauling around kids 3 at a time anymore. This should do great getting us where we want to be with the canoe, mountain bikes, or camping gear.

I am not really pleased with the storage inside. Booster cables, first aid kit, tie-down straps, and a roll of emergency tp are going to fill up the space beneath the seats quickly.

I am planning a few accessories. Some better off-road lights up front, rock lights, bed lights, roof rack (for the canoe), BAK Revolver. Factory adding spray-in bed liner, tow package, key pad. Dealer ordering trailer brake controller.

I go to crunch the numbers with the dealer on Monday. I am A-plan qualified, so not much dealing to be done (other than the trade). The interest rates dropped April 1, which was a welcome development. Here’s hoping I get to post pics of a Cactus Grey Lariat sometime in June. Vacation booked for August, may get a couple pics at Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Hello fellow Tremor lovers,

After fantasizing about a F-150 for a few years, while everyone seemed obsessed with their Tacoma for off-roading, I came across the new Ranger - underrated, sexy, Made in the USA, good tech package; it had several of my wishes combined... I initially planned to get a silver Lariat FX4, but after spending time on this forum I realized many FX4 owners wrote they'd get a Tremor instead if they had to do it again. Somehow on Saturday, I was minding my own business driving my Dodge Charger and I saw it, my dream truck, on the parking lot... It had been delivered the day before and nobody had even test-driven it!

So, I just bought my first ever truck: a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor in Iconic Silver.

I know nothing; expect too many questions!
First is: why is everyone obsessed with Carbonized Gray? ?

Have a great week everyone!
Secousse

Ranger5G.jpg

OP
OP
ranger-rick-roll

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Congrats! I love iconic silver as well and would have taken either. I think carbonized grey was a very common dealer ordered color, and since most of the tremors out there right now are dealer ordered we see a lot of them. It’s a pretty safe color choice, whereas someone might not like a cactus grey or blue one, grey isn’t usually a deal breaker. This is important to the dealer.

Silver looks great! Do you have any mods planned?

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I love iconic silver as well...
It’s a pretty safe color choice, whereas someone might not like a cactus grey or blue one, grey isn’t usually a deal breaker. This is important to the dealer.
I also saw an FX4 in blue and it looked nice, but I worried about resale value.
I settled on silver before even seeing a Tremor because after driving white and black cars on dusty trails I assumed it would be a good balance for concealing dust a little, and also reflecting heat in the summer. I find it elegant too.

Do you have any mods planned?
I know I want a tonneau cover and back seat protectors (for what is now my everyday trunk). I kinda wish it had a front-facing camera for tricky maneuvering. I think I'll get a pop up tent or tent trailer at some point.
For the rest, I'll get an idea of what could be nice by trawling through this forum - seems that some people have got thousands of dollars in accessories already, while waiting for their truck to arrive.

Very open to suggestions and recommendations! That's why I'm here :sunglasses:

krane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
I put the red tow hooks on that go with the red in the grill.
Looks good, should have come that way. Easy to replace the black or do you have to yank off that whole skid plate?
Sponsored