First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Tremor, 99 Ford Super Duty 7.3
Occupation
Self employed
Congrats! I haven’t seen any with a leveling kit yet but I’m sure people would be interested. I’m curious if the front suspension is the same as the fox 2.0 system that has adjustable level. If that’s the case you could in theory adjust the front level without purchasing any parts!

I haven’t seen much on front lockers but I really don’t think it is very necessary. I think you’ll be surprised by the capability with how light the truck is, and the traction control is good enough to figure stuff out typically.

I purchased an external air compressor which will work well for airing up tires after off roading. May explore some way to mount and hardwire to the switches, but space is very limited under the hood so would have to get creative with placement.

enjoy the new purchase!
I’m sure you’re right about a front locker not being necessary, but it might be helpful in deep snow or to keep from sliding sideways on ruts or rocks, which traction control can’t really help with. But I’m not sure how a front locker would work with the traction control, might not be compatible without some reprogramming. I just hate being stuck and I am spoiled by my lifted super duty with 37’s. Never been stuck in that truck, even after 20+ inches of snow plowed up over my doors. I just put it low range and the truck walked right over it. No substitute for ground clearance and diesel torque...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ranger-rick-roll

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I’m sure you’re right about a front locker not being necessary, but it might be helpful in deep snow or to keep from sliding sideways on ruts or rocks, which traction control can’t really help with. But I’m not sure how a front locker would work with the traction control, might not be compatible without some reprogramming. I just hate being stuck and I am spoiled by my lifted super duty with 37’s. Never been stuck in that truck, even after 20+ inches of snow plowed up over my doors. I just put it low range and the truck walked right over it. No substitute for ground clearance and diesel torque...
that’s true! What a different animal that thing must be compared to a ranger haha.

Tremor21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 21 Explorer, 21 Bronco Sport
What fuel economy have you guys been seeing with your Tremors so far? (I know it's early). I have been seeing 22 ish all-around in about 300 miles of driving (easy driving, nothing hard core) The EPA cert. of 19/19/19 surprised me a bit. ... just curious.

ahha

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
What fuel economy have you guys been seeing with your Tremors so far? (I know it's early). I have been seeing 22 ish all-around in about 300 miles of driving (easy driving, nothing hard core) The EPA cert. of 19/19/19 surprised me a bit. ... just curious.
Not 22, more like 12, but almost all city driving and I turn off the auto stop/start because all those ignitions can’t be good for the engine.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just came here to see if anyone was planning to upgrade their fender flares and sell the takeoffs... PM me!

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Great news!

ahha

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
Congrats! I haven’t seen any with a leveling kit yet but I’m sure people would be interested. I’m curious if the front suspension is the same as the fox 2.0 system that has adjustable level. If that’s the case you could in theory adjust the front level without purchasing any parts!

I purchased an external air compressor which will work well for airing up tires after off roading. May explore some way to mount and hardwire to the switches, but space is very limited under the hood so would have to get creative with placement.

enjoy the new purchase!
Thanks for all the info, air compressor wise, I’ve seen a few under bed mounts of the Arb dual compressor. Which seems the slickest way to go. I think at least one of these installs is documented on this site?

After you reminded us that Fox 2.0 shocks typically offer adjustable height, I checked my Tremor and no, there appears to be no adjustment mechanism. I guess this would make sense as the engineers want everything just so to guarantee the tow capacity and off-road performance.

As for leveling the front end the question then becomes, will a standard Ranger spacer/lift fit above the Ford Tremor version of the Fox 2.0 front shock? Especially considering they beefed up some of the suspension components to accommodate the larger tires. Would this change the available room to accommodate say, a 2” spacer above the Tremor Fox shock?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I have to imagine they will be available from Ford before too long!
So much on backorder right now I have to believe they won't be available for a good while.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Check this out... I am digging all the purposeful changes that add OEM capability.

CNET says
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2021-ford-ranger-tremor-review/

Along with the rest of the list they confirm arms and knuckles.

"The Tremor's main upgrades are centered around the Ranger's suspension, with the headliner being a set of expensive Fox 2.0 shocks, including more sophisticated remote-reservoir units on the rear axle which pair with Tremor-specific leaf springs. The front end gets new springs, too, along with different control arms and a thinner anti-roll bar for better off-road articulation. The steering system is tweaked, too, with unique knuckles to help accommodate the demands of the Tremor's larger 32-inch General Grabber off-road tires which wrap a set of Magnetic-painted 17-inch wheels."

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Check this out... I am digging all the purposeful changes that add OEM capability.

CNET says
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2021-ford-ranger-tremor-review/

Along with the rest of the list they confirm arms and knuckles.

"The Tremor's main upgrades are centered around the Ranger's suspension, with the headliner being a set of expensive Fox 2.0 shocks, including more sophisticated remote-reservoir units on the rear axle which pair with Tremor-specific leaf springs. The front end gets new springs, too, along with different control arms and a thinner anti-roll bar for better off-road articulation. The steering system is tweaked, too, with unique knuckles to help accommodate the demands of the Tremor's larger 32-inch General Grabber off-road tires which wrap a set of Magnetic-painted 17-inch wheels."
Breaking down like that, it seems there where many changes made. Which I hope means, that you guys can go even further with the mods.

OP
OP
ranger-rick-roll

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Breaking down like that, it seems there where many changes made. Which I hope means, that you guys can go even further with the mods.
I will probably be keeping it stock as far as suspension goes. That’s why I went with the tremor, plenty capable for me. But there are always those out there that will push the envelope even further!

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I am on the search for a blue Lariat with the graphics. Having trouble finding a dealer who will place my order or one that isn't trying to price gouge me to death.

I almost had one with everything I want minus graphics, and even got my financials secured, and the dealer kept increasing the price above what was quoted on the website. They added mandatory mods like spray in bed liner and tinting to keep escalating the price. The last straw was when, I thought all the increases were done and the price was finally fixed, they added a $2500 markup at the last minute driving the cost north over 51k. I walked away.

Well, still on the search.
Update: I drove 5 hours and bought another from a dealer in San Antonio. Love the drive. Add pictures in next post.

20210327_124632.jpg

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape

19 solid, but not running AC currently. This summer here in Texas should have an impact.
Sponsored