First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
I typically insert a small pick between the edge of the screw and the threaded insert, as I begin to remove the screw.
Thanks. Will try again tomorrow. Was hoping to get these done in an hour. An hour has passed and I am 0% complete. Step one kicked by butt. Will try again another day but drinking beer is replacing my anger at this project for the evening.
Sponsored

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Thanks. Will try again tomorrow. Was hoping to get these done in an hour. An hour has passed and I am 0% complete. Step one kicked by butt. Will try again another day but drinking beer is replacing my anger at this project for the evening.
I had the same problem. I used a power drill at a slow speed and didn’t put pressure on the screw. It slowly started coming out.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I was hoping with the slots for adjustment that the GBs would work. Has anyone tried to test fit a set?
Just heard back from truck hardware who makes gatorback mudflaps. They have had a couple of Canadian dealers get tremors and install their mudflaps now. They have confirmed that they worked on a tremor so I ordered a set today. Expensive, but way better quality than a lot of the other flaps that are out there.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Just heard back from truck hardware who makes gatorback mudflaps. They have had a couple of Canadian dealers get tremors and install their mudflaps now. They have confirmed that they worked on a tremor so I ordered a set today. Expensive, but way better quality than a lot of the other flaps that are out there.
Several options and places to buy. Different plates or without. I bought the Ford accessory set from Levittown Ford because I could get the ranger logo on them at the best price. Preferred the gunmetal plate to Ford's black, but I thought best look for the price as the gun metal were crazy expensive.

What I got front and rear:
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Gatorback+Ranger+splash+guard

Gun metal set:
https://www.sharptruck.com/truck-ha...etal-plate-gatorback-mud-flaps-custom-fit-set

Can get plain black rubber with no plates for under $200 for the front and rear set, but I don't think they look nearly as good.

Last edited:

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Saw that this morning on Instagram, there was a Tremor with them on, seems they are a little smaller than the RB XL but for sure functional with the Tremor tire/wheel package.

They do look quite tough. Hopefully the RB ones hold up since I prefer that style.

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I installed a set of RokBlokz today. I agree there are no modifications needed, but I will say that the spacer used for the bottom screw in the fronts needs to be about twice as thick for the deeper flares. Fortunately I had a pair of spacers that worked perfectly.

Ultimately though, I don't think I like them. I think everything about them is poor quality. I'll keep them unless something better comes along. I figure something is better than nothing.

I would not buy them again though or recommend them to anybody.
Just installed mine and they are a good fit and will do the job. You are correct about the spacer in the front needing to be 10-12mm. I had some longer plastic ones that I cut down to roughly 12mm and they were perfect. If you don't use the longer shim it is harder to get the flaps level as it tends to draw the bottom in.

DoctorsTARDIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
This thread is super disappointing. I had assumed that the Ford molded splash guards would work and even had a set on order until I saw this thread and yeah, nope. Didn't even occur to me that they wouldn't fit the Tremor package. At least I hadn't paid for them yet.

I really don't like the look of any of the options here. Either the gatorbacks or theRokBlokz. Hopefully someone makes something that's molded with clean lines and doesn't look like it should have Yosemite Sam on them.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
My gatorbacks showed up yesterday. Will be installing this week and will post pics as soon as I have.

RedTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Tremor
Occupation
Retired
This thread is super disappointing. I had assumed that the Ford molded splash guards would work and even had a set on order until I saw this thread and yeah, nope. Didn't even occur to me that they wouldn't fit the Tremor package. At least I hadn't paid for them yet.

I really don't like the look of any of the options here. Either the gatorbacks or theRokBlokz. Hopefully someone makes something that's molded with clean lines and doesn't look like it should have Yosemite Sam on them.

RedTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I to am looking for the Ford style molded flaps that have the built in curvature of the wheel wells. I hope some manufacturers start to produce something like this soon.

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle

I see you're in Ohio. Molded flaps like to hold the slush and mud and may catch obstacles and damage the flaps or the fender while off road.
Redneck flaps are more functional. Maybe if Yosemite Sam isn't your thing you can go with these.
1623672541754.png

If you prefer the Lizzo physique they have these too. May have seen some non gender specific ones if that's more your thing.
1623672738224.png
Sponsored