First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
No rubbing at all even in the hardest turns and articulating suspension. I did bend mine back a bit so they don't curve with the radius of the wheel.
Just curious if you can show what they look like bent back? Thanks for putting the 10mm shim info, I will pick some up in advance.

Since I have not yet installed mine, I am not wondering if I should wait till a Tremor specific model comes out. I already have some damage to the paint where it shows metal not from rocks so I may just put these on anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Just curious if you can show what they look like bent back? Thanks for putting the 10mm shim info, I will pick some up in advance.

Since I have not yet installed mine, I am not wondering if I should wait till a Tremor specific model comes out. I already have some damage to the paint where it shows metal not from rocks so I may just put these on anyway.
Not as much bent back as they are hanging straight down. Here are some pics.
As you can see, they really keep the truck clean. That slop is from the boat ramp which is my main reason for getting them and to keep rocker rock chips down.
1624567869510.png

1624567893222.png

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I sent an email to RokBlokz and asked them about the "Not for Tremor Package". Got a nice reply from Eli that said basically what those of you who have tried already knew: they need a bigger spacer so they will not hang at an angle. He said they are working on that and would have a Tremor-specific flap out "soon". I'm waiting a few more weeks to see what "soon " means.

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
I sent an email to RokBlokz and asked them about the "Not for Tremor Package". Got a nice reply from Eli that said basically what those of you who have tried already knew: they need a bigger spacer so they will not hang at an angle. He said they are working on that and would have a Tremor-specific flap out "soon". I'm waiting a few more weeks to see what "soon " means.
I have to assume the “soon” is waiting on me.

Also, I nearly folded my right-front flap backwards under the step bars overnight once and they came right back to curving towards the tire the following day.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers

Also, I nearly folded my right-front flap backwards under the step bars overnight once and they came right back to curving towards the tire the following day.
Well I guess that answers my concern of their strength. I was worried I might need to trim them for off road clearance but seems like they can handle some punishment.

I was thinking some heat from a heat gun/blow dryer might help them stay in a particular shape if you really need it.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Couldn't live with the poor quality of the rokblokz and went with gatorbacks instead. Quality, the way they attach, etc is worlds better. Glad I decided not to settle and moved on to the gatorbacks.

Gatorbacks have metal brackets that help give the mudflaps strength and structure. Rokblokz had cheap plastic push pins, and no metal brackets to provide strength. Really disappointed with rokblokz when they showed up and fealt they wouldn't hold up long term. Installer friend thought the same.

But just my take on these.

Last edited:

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Happy with mine, I will say the one point that I may later try to upgrade it the top mounting screw that just screws into the push pin. There should be better alternatives. Otherwise, they seem mounted on pretty solid.

I like the look without mud flaps more but this style is more appealing to me for sure than the gatorback units. The metal bracket on the gatorbacks would be nice to have though.

PXL_20210630_193731942.jpg

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
Finally got my Rokblokz installed. Glad that is over. They aren’t as bad as I expected them to be so they will work.

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat

I just returned from RokBlokz HQ. They re-designed the bottom mounting situation and they are much better in my opinion. They said the new design should be available for purchase in the next couple of weeks.

7C674E5F-70F6-44FC-89C3-FEB63A7A5463.jpeg
26DA5A13-23EE-4354-AF4A-0E1389FB3DD4.jpeg
DDBCD8C2-D51E-4EEC-904F-D908F880DCC0.jpeg

grammat95

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor - Lariat (Black)
Occupation
Maritime Professional
Gents,

I installed the "Premium Flat" splash guards from Fords' accessory bin. Like most of you, my tremor's general grabbers started ejecting rocks as soon as I left the dealership. The splash guards (mud flaps? idk) have helped somewhat but I still get the occasional chip on the underside of the door panels and rockers. I even had paint protection film installed all along the lower portion the truck... but it has proven to be no match for the 1/2'' rocks that the grabbers sling.

Installing the "premium flat" ford splash guards was a huge pain the in the ass IMO. With that being said, I think they look great and they have a factory/high quality appearance. I don't have any pictures (I'm at sea) but I might be able to have the wife take some if requested.

-Ted

https://accessories.ford.com/kit-mudflap-12357.html

Last edited:

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just returned from RokBlokz HQ. They re-designed the bottom mounting situation and they are much better in my opinion. They said the new design should be available for purchase in the next couple of weeks.

7C674E5F-70F6-44FC-89C3-FEB63A7A5463.jpeg
26DA5A13-23EE-4354-AF4A-0E1389FB3DD4.jpeg
DDBCD8C2-D51E-4EEC-904F-D908F880DCC0.jpeg
Thanks for letting us know about the updated hardware. I just sent an email asking if there was a way to get the updated hardware. Hoping they will send me the parts. ?

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Thanks for letting us know about the updated hardware. I just sent an email asking if there was a way to get the updated hardware. Hoping they will send me the parts. ?
The flaps themselves are different. There is a small tab that inserts into a new slot and fastens on the other side. That replaces the integrated tab that you fold over. The problem is that the folding tab doesn’t fold well and creates tension that pushes the bottom flap toward the tire.

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The flaps themselves are different. There is a small tab that inserts into a new slot and fastens on the other side. That replaces the integrated tab that you fold over. The problem is that the folding tab doesn’t fold well and creates tension that pushes the bottom flap toward the tire.
Oh. That’s huge. I thought it was only the hardware that needed to be replaced. Thanks for the clarification.

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Last edited:

ewmcleod

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for letting us know. Shame they didn’t have the disclaimer when I purchased mine. Wonder if they’ll have some sort of discount.
Sponsored