Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Sorry bud, I don't have an answer but thoughts to share:

This is my first truck - I was initially planning to get mud flaps.
Then some hardcore four-wheeling friends suggested I should forget about it: apparently mud flaps are the first things that will brake while on rocks and off-road.

I've already taken the truck to two 4x4 state parks, and I can see their point, so I decided to not get any for now...

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Not sure about that. I've had mudflaps on every truck I've owned and that's been many being 53. I live in New England and do a decent amount of off-roading with a mix of mountains and beach and have yet to break one. In fairness I wouldn't consider myself a "hardcore four wheeler".

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Not going to be doing any hardcore wheeling with the truck. Need them for the boat ramp to keep all the slop off the body. Also to keep the rock chips from the highway down to a min. Think the Gatorbacks might be the ones after looking a bit.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Depending on length and spacing they can tear off when reversing over large rocks. Interested to see if there are any effective minimalist options here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I haven't read up a lot on the Tremor but isn't this just an options package on a regular Ranger? If so wouldn't the body panels be the same and the Ranger mud flaps would fit? By the pictures it didn't look like it had added flares. ?‍♂

@Secousse If you're going to be doing a lot of off roading I wouldn't get mud flaps. Your friends are correct they're usually the first thing to go as they get hung up on rocks or fallen trees. I had them on one of my F150's back east and they broke the first time off roading. I never added them to any other truck since and I've owned 9 of them. Not an issue for you being in CA but they can get hung up on snowbanks too and when cold they break even easier unless they're rubber.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
@Secousse If you're going to be doing a lot of off roading I wouldn't get mud flaps. Your friends are correct they're usually the first thing to go as they get hung up on rocks or fallen trees. I had them on one of my F150's back east and they broke the first time off roading. I never added them to any other truck since and I've owned 9 of them. Not an issue for you being in CA but they can get hung up on snowbanks too and when cold they break even easier unless they're rubber.
Thank you my friend. I foresee some snow in my future when I do a “Freedom Relocation”, so that’s definitely something else I need to consider ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I haven't read up a lot on the Tremor but isn't this just an options package on a regular Ranger? If so wouldn't the body panels be the same and the Ranger mud flaps would fit?
It is, but the people buying them think it's a whole different truck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It is, but the people buying them think it's a whole different truck.
Lol I did too when I first started seeing the comments on them. Then I went to Fords site and realized it's just an options package. I didn't think they'd retool the assembly line for the Tremor when the next Gen should be out in a couple years.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Different and wider fender flares to accommodate the bigger wider tires. So no regular ranger mudflaps will not work with a Tremor.
They are simply wider. And not by much. They attach the same way as the non Tremor flares. Any flaps for a Ranger should fit.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Won't be wide enough. Several have tried and said they don't work.
Most flaps leave a bit of inward/outward adjustability.

Anything made for a Ranger should be fine.

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor 2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Occupation
Logistics

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
ALL Rubber GATORBACKs, but Rokblokz were my 2nd choice.
Stay away from Plastic Minivan flaps! ?
Sponsored