First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Best hitch on the market. Have had it for quite a while, and it has worked out to be the best for me.

GEN-Y HITCH

20230602_155358.jpg

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Iā€™m looking to buy a 14ft fishing boat.
I havenā€™t towed before with my Ranger and need to buy a receiver/ball.
I have no idea what drop I should getā€¦..3 inch, 4 inch????
The truck is an FX4 with just a 2.5 inch front level.
Any information is much appreciated.
I'm lifted about 4 inches and use the weighsafe, it's been great!

20230602_150246.jpg

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Boy my ranger is too high in the back. Just got a new landscape trailer 14. Inch to the bottom of the coupler and my 6 inch drop adjustable Curt doesn't go low enough. Need to switch to a 8 or 10 Inch drop. Trailer dealer was surprised how high the receiver sits on them.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I just wound up ordering one of the new weigh safe aero 10 inch drop hitches for my new trailer. Can't wait to see if the scale function is fairly accurate,

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Boy my ranger is too high in the back. Just got a new landscape trailer 14. Inch to the bottom of the coupler and my 6 inch drop adjustable Curt doesn't go low enough. Need to switch to a 8 or 10 Inch drop. Trailer dealer was surprised how high the receiver sits on them.
When i pull my uncles trailer, the smallest of the bunch, my

GEN-Y REBEL HITCH

levels it perfectly. Similar trailer as you describe. use the very bottom adjustment point on it. Works like a charm. Have a pic of it on a previous post. I do not keep it on the truck as it destroys your departure angle to negative 20 degrees.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
When i pull my uncles trailer, the smallest of the bunch, my

GEN-Y REBEL HITCH

levels it perfectly. Similar trailer as you describe. use the very bottom adjustment point on it. Works like a charm. Have a pic of it on a previous post. I do not keep it on the truck as it destroys your departure angle to negative 20 degrees.
Measured today and unloaded I need 9 inch drop and loaded between 7 and 8 so I went with the 10 drop. Plus seeing the tongue weight will make it easy to load so I went with the weight safe that has a 2 inch ball and slip on cover for 2 5/16 that I really liked.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Measured today and unloaded I need 9 inch drop and loaded between 7 and 8 so I went with the 10 drop. Plus seeing the tongue weight will make it easy to load so I went with the weight safe that has a 2 inch ball and slip on cover for 2 5/16 that I really liked.
I have the older style Weigh Safe, So I have the 3 balls to cover my trailers and my friend's popup I borrow. When I break it all down it fits just fine in the storage on the right under the rear seat.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I have the older style Weigh Safe, So I have the 3 balls to cover my trailers and my friend's popup I borrow. When I break it all down it fits just fine in the storage on the right under the rear seat.
This new one only has a 2 inch ball and a hollow cap that snaps over the 2 inch to make it 2 5/16. Plus it's steel but weights about the same as the aluminum one. Can't wait to try it and see how the scale works.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Boy my ranger is too high in the baā¹ck. Just got a new landscape trailer 14. Inch to the bottom of the coupler and my 6 inch drop adjustable Curt doesn't go low enough. Need to switch to a 8 or 10 Inch drop. Trailer dealer was surprised how high the receiver sits on them.
Here is how i adjust the small lawn trailer. It is just a single axle trailer, not much weight, empty the touk9nge rests in the air! Haha. So i dont know the exact drop in inches, but it is on the lowest part of my

GEN-Y REBEL HITCH.

20230611_210325.jpg

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
This video shows the hitch height at about the 1 min 30 seconds mark. That's a 6 inch drop curt dropped to the bottom. I need 3 more inches down to level it so I ordered a 10 inch drop. I won't buy a hitch that doesn't adjust in 1 inch increments so your type isn't something I would buy plus I don't like the look of the big heavy plates on a little truck. I like the clean look of the aero along with the tongue weight feature that will be very useful with all the different stuff I haul. This trailer with the toys will always be below 5000 pounds so I don't need my weight distribution hitch but need proper adjustment for longer tire life and handling.
Sponsored