Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry about that, no harm done. In fact, I usually drive with tow engaged when not towing to benefit from the adjustments to shift points.
I do the same heading up the mountainous part of the highway in upstate ny. The trans in this truck loves to upshift early...
Sponsored

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
If I find myself needing a brake controller, I'm just going to go with something like the Curt Echo to avoid the headache and expense of running the wires.
Can't run the Echo without running a +12V to the charge line to power the unit. The aftermarket splice in 7 pin harness only sends power to the brakes, running, and signal, and maybe reverse but not sure.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Has the OP heard any thing about what the dealer is going to do?

On his XLT the wires should be under the dash. I believe it was only XLs that were missing the wires. Should also have the Trailer Module. So, it should be just the OEM 7 pin harness and the receiver hitch. Aftermarket hitch is OK, but really should go for OEM harness.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
For clarity on the Curt hitch specs in case you end up going aftermarket for the hitch.

IMG_20220519_113854821.jpg

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
2022 Ranger XLT with tow package, listed on sticker. Also has tow haul button on console
IMG_20220519_070726186.jpg
They’ve all got the tow button I think. My base xl non tow package has it.

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner
They’ve all got the tow button I think. My base xl non tow package has it.
Makes sense they would all have it, nice with a heavy load on hills.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Has the OP heard any thing about what the dealer is going to do?

On his XLT the wires should be under the dash. I believe it was only XLs that were missing the wires. Should also have the Trailer Module. So, it should be just the OEM 7 pin harness and the receiver hitch. Aftermarket hitch is OK, but really should go for OEM harness.
What trailer module? If you mean brake controller, then no. Rangers don't have brake controllers, even if you get the tow package.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
What trailer module? If you mean brake controller, then no. Rangers don't have brake controllers, even if you get the tow package.
There is trailer module that ties into and controls the trailer lights and senses when a trailer is connected and turns on the power to the 12v pin in the 7 pin connector. Sometru ks without the tow package don't have it and the 4 pin is tied to relays in the fuse block.

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There is trailer module that ties into and controls the trailer lights and senses when a trailer is connected and turns on the power to the 12v pin in the 7 pin connector. Sometru ks without the tow package don't have it and the 4 pin is tied to relays in the fuse block.
Yep, the first time I tied on my trailer, it new it was on there, I had to enter in how many feet it was for the BLIS, very cool, it also notified me the signal bulb on the trailer was out.

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
6000# is not OEM Ford is it? I think ford only has 2 Tow packages, the one OP has which comes on all rangers and the receiver 7500# option.

LB
No I’m sure it’s an aftermarket hitch. I bought the truck 2 years old with 60k on it. It had the 6k hitch and just the four way plug.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
So got my 2022 Ranger by order with the tow package - truck has the receiver behind the bumper but doesn't this also come with the tow ball mounting bar as well or do I need to purchase that separately?

tempImage7SxGvl.png
You're missing the reciever and the bumper that goes with it. Your dealer won't be happy to have to make the correction but Ford needs to make it right.

OP
OP
cVelBlu91

cVelBlu91

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 STX 4x4 "Big Blue"
Occupation
Payroll
Well some updates: apparently, though my salesman checked it off, he handed the paperwork to someone else in the office who apparently did not include it when they filed the order - not sure how this dealer operates. As it is, since I've already signed the deal on the truck, it's kind of a moot point. Though I did get a discount on the step bars and window tint yesterday as a result but nothing more. Dealer says they can try to make it right but "no guarantees". ?

At this point, I'm happy I have the truck otherwise. Everything else on it is cherry.

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well some updates: apparently, though my salesman checked it off, he handed the paperwork to someone else in the office who apparently did not include it when they filed the order - not sure how this dealer operates. As it is, since I've already signed the deal on the truck, it's kind of a moot point. Though I did get a discount on the step bars and window tint yesterday as a result but nothing more. Dealer says they can try to make it right but "no guarantees". ?

At this point, I'm happy I have the truck otherwise. Everything else on it is cherry.
I've got about 2200 miles on mine, the truck just gets better with use, the engine builds more power, and the tranny just gets smoother, and even my FX4 suspension is getting more mellow. Very happy with it. Yes, and mileage keeps getting better too.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student

I added a draw-tite hitch. Max 7500lbs for 150 dollars back in january 2021. Super easy install, and baught factory parts for 7 way plug, with ford points Little drilling with a sharp razor.
So i know its not much of a hassle to put it on, its the principle thst they dont honor what they said they woild do. But its an option
Sponsored