Topper Shell

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
My A.R.E. CX Revo finally came in. Ordered it on 9/6, showed up at my dealer on 12/11 and was installed on 12/15. I was told it would take about 7-8 weeks to get it when I placed the order and it ended up taking 14. Options are fold down front slider and driver's side slider with pet screen.

So far so good. I'm currently watching things to make sure I have no leaks. When it warms up a bit I have a full BedRug ready to install. I will also be adding some LED lights under the bed rails following AmplifyDIY's YouTube tutorial.

DSCN0822.JPG
Do you like the way it fits and performs? It appears to fit nicely with the cab. How about the tail gate?
Sponsored

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it follows the body contours nicely and I really like the curved glass door. No issues but I haven't put too many miles on the truck since got it. I just wish it cost less and didn't take so long to arrive.

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Electric Blue
Just placed an order for a Cab height Ranch Sierra topper with a headliner, overhead lamp, and a tool box in the driver's side window. Went with ranch over leer/ARE because I was able to get all of those options for considerably less than a base model cap from the competition. About $1750 out the door. The dealer also quoted a 3-4 week turnaround vs 5-8 fat the Leer dealer.

Fingers crossed it will be in within the quoted timeframe!
Update here. Ranch apparently misplaced the build order. The cap, which was supposed to be here this week, is now 5 weeks out, starting from scratch. I had a cross-country trip planned for next week, so needless to say, I'm disappointed.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Update here. Ranch apparently misplaced the build order. The cap, which was supposed to be here this week, is now 5 weeks out, starting from scratch. I had a cross-country trip planned for next week, so needless to say, I'm disappointed.
Want to buy mine? I'm in Nashua. Minus the toolbox, and it's not blue, it sounds like what you want.

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want to buy mine? I'm in Nashua. Minus the toolbox, and it's not blue, it sounds like what you want.
Oh man, that could work! It's black or magnetic gray? Send me a PM with some pics and asking price? Was just about to order a softopper and pick it up when I passed through Boulder!

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Oh man, that could work! It's black or magnetic gray? Send me a PM with some pics and asking price? Was just about to order a softopper and pick it up when I passed through Boulder!
It is magnetic, give me a little bit and I'll get that message out, maybe an hour or two.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger stx 4x4 race red
Occupation
bricklayer
I got a Leer 100R with the side sliding windows, headliner, interior light and, thrown into the package, a rubber bed mat all for $2000. So far all are fine.
looking to buy a leer myself.....
sounds like you got a deal.....
what was the dealer you went to?
might have to give them a call

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after my long ordeal with the Ranch cap that was never actually ordered by the dealer before my trip, I ended up picking up a softopper on my way though Boulder, CO and sleeping in it for the majority of a 6 week trip through the southwest. Although it was a bit chilly on colder nights, I am ended up very happy with my choice.
P1014774.jpg
P1014801.jpg
P1014874.jpg

Since that trip I've taken the topper down multiple times to haul tall loads or multiple bikes in the bed and I'm really glad to have to capability to put it up or down quickly and easily.
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.06.08 PM.png

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
So after my long ordeal with the Ranch cap that was never actually ordered by the dealer before my trip, I ended up picking up a softopper on my way though Boulder, CO and sleeping in it for the majority of a 6 week trip through the southwest.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.06.08 PM.png
Congrats on a badass trip! I hope it was as amazing as it looked

How do you like the new GasGas?

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on a badass trip! I hope it was as amazing as it looked

How do you like the new GasGas?
Thanks! It was fun, lots of great riding out there.

The Gas Gas is awesome. Amazing in the fast stuff and on the track and not far behind my yz250x in tight single track. Going four stroke after years of two strokes was a bit of an adjustment but the 350 feels like the perfect size.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I don't think that the Leer 180 are available for the new Ranger. Nothing but the 100 series caps come up as fitting when you do the "Fit My Truck" tab on the Leer website. https://www.leer.com/truck-caps

I want a mid rise cap myself, preferably the one from Jeraco as I like the styling better than Leer or ARE. When I called Jeraco in December, they said that they were working on the mold for their 5 ft bed Ranger mid rise, and that the 6 ft bed would be next. They said that I'd be able to get my 6 ft mid rise "late winter."
Jeraco is a very good company. Our family business is manufacturing aluminum truck caps and a dealer for Jeraco fiberglass truck caps. We've known the Jeraco family for as long as we've both been in business, like 50 years now.

I just got my Ranger crewcab last week. I still have my 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Premier SUV. I have horses, so I go for bagged pine shavings about every 2 weeks. I can fit 14 bags (stacked 2 high) in the Mountaineer cargo area and have room left over for a bag of horse feed and large bag dog food. When first started looking at new vehicles about 6 months ago, I was looking at SUVs capable of pulling my utility trailer which I use to go for bulk sawdust (I mix my horse bedding half and half sawdust/shavings). I just store the sawdust in the trailer (which has sides) with a waterproof tarp over it. I'm keeping the Mountaineer for a slider and to use for that purpose still. Anyway, I couldn't see spending 50K for a used SUV so went with a new Ranger. To give it the SUV look, I'll eventually put a Jeraco fiberglass cabhigh on it. I don't think I'll be able to fit as many bags of shavings in the back, but it will have to do.... or I will buy bags of shavings in bulk and have them delivered (think I have to buy 20 bags at a time). In the mean time, I just love driving my Ranger!
Sponsored

Last edited: