Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone tell me what Thule or Yakima towers I’d need to mount a rack to the stock tracks on my Leer topper? Looking for Thule or Yakima since I’ve got a couple of REI gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

D2781B1B-C902-4A4F-9264-7A429889C40F.jpeg
Sponsored

Justwaithere

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus
Can someone tell me what Thule or Yakima towers I’d need to mount a rack to the stock tracks on my Leer topper? Looking for Thule or Yakima since I’ve got a couple of REI gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

I have Yakima skyline towers. The towers need landing pads and that’s the part that’s specific to the tracks on your topper. The landing pads mount in the tracks and the towers mount in the pads. Then the towers hold the cross bars.

You can get all three as a kit. Probably at REI. It’s all pricey so I went with Craigslist.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine came with a rack installed, the price to get it was less than buying one myself.

Deleted member 8247

Go Yakima:
You need-
-skyline towers (come in a pack of 2 or pack of 4, so make sure you get the 4)

-landingpad set (this allows the towers to grab the tower I run the #1, but just call yakima, you might need the #5, they are very helpful in determining what size you need to run)

-locking cores (they come without them, but you don't need them... just know if someone wants to steal your system w/o the cores, it is a literal 5-second heist job).

Oh and you'll need cross bars.... any of the Yakima will work except the round bar. They have a fit tool to determine how wide you want to run your cross bars.

^reason I say Yakima is the fact that once you undo the locking cores you can easily remove your cross bar for winter and replace the skyline mounts with their factory toppers for a low profile look in the winter months, or if you don't plan on using the cross bars all the time.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Go Yakima:
You need-
-skyline towers (come in a pack of 2 or pack of 4, so make sure you get the 4)

-landingpad set (this allows the towers to grab the tower I run the #1, but just call yakima, you might need the #5, they are very helpful in determining what size you need to run)

-locking cores (they come without them, but you don't need them... just know if someone wants to steal your system w/o the cores, it is a literal 5-second heist job).

Oh and you'll need cross bars.... any of the Yakima will work except the round bar. They have a fit tool to determine how wide you want to run your cross bars.

^reason I say Yakima is the fact that once you undo the locking cores you can easily remove your cross bar for winter and replace the skyline mounts with their factory toppers for a low profile look in the winter months, or if you don't plan on using the cross bars all the time.
Perfect...thanks!

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Electric Blue
Just placed an order for a Cab height Ranch Sierra topper with a headliner, overhead lamp, and a tool box in the driver's side window. Went with ranch over leer/ARE because I was able to get all of those options for considerably less than a base model cap from the competition. About $1750 out the door. The dealer also quoted a 3-4 week turnaround vs 5-8 fat the Leer dealer.

Fingers crossed it will be in within the quoted timeframe!

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
My A.R.E. CX Revo finally came in. Ordered it on 9/6, showed up at my dealer on 12/11 and was installed on 12/15. I was told it would take about 7-8 weeks to get it when I placed the order and it ended up taking 14. Options are fold down front slider and driver's side slider with pet screen.

So far so good. I'm currently watching things to make sure I have no leaks. When it warms up a bit I have a full BedRug ready to install. I will also be adding some LED lights under the bed rails following AmplifyDIY's YouTube tutorial.

DSCN0822.JPG