First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
That's really cool. I just don't trust myself to cut it out.
I drew out the cut like and then my first cut was 1/4”smaller so I was able to enlarge the opening slightly as I needed. That was a good method for me. It’s a snug fit now! I love this thing!

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
I haven’t added much to the truck just yet since I’m still trying to figure out the layout and full build plan. But I have added the Midland MXT275 GMRS radio with the 3dB Ghost Antenna and since the truck didn’t come with the plastic drop in liner or spray in liner, I added a SmartLiner bed floor cover for now. It’s a pretty nice fit for what it is. I still managed to screw up the tailgate paint inside going down the trails with some loose gear. I plan to get the spray in bedliner shortly.
583EFA85-5BB5-44C4-8466-672C78C2E1E8.jpeg

77E775FB-F339-4B1F-AA96-AF9E3990ECCE.jpeg
what mount is this?

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
what mount is this?
Its the Lip Mount like Colo_Ranger mentioned. I relocated the antenna to the side of my tent with the mounts I make. They will fit in the track on the tents and also on extrusion too.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I do hope you can sell those vinyl overlays at some point I would really like to get one for my screen surround and the part of the dash you did.
I can see what is needed for me to be able to do that.
i know old post buuut i just found this thread and like the idea of that!

maverick1872

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT AKA Strider
Occupation
Software Engineer
I can see what is needed for me to be able to do that.
Hey Brad! I'd also be super interested if you'd be willing to throw these up on your shop. Custom colors would be awesome if possible too. Was a little surprised to find you here. Ordered a hi-line dock for my JKU from you awhile back, just traded it in on a ranger; and here you are again!

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Hey Brad! I'd also be super interested if you'd be willing to throw these up on your shop. Custom colors would be awesome if possible too. Was a little surprised to find you here. Ordered a hi-line dock for my JKU from you awhile back, just traded it in on a ranger; and here you are again!

What’s going on? Glad to see you here! I’ve still got my JKU but it’s a driveway ornament haha. I haven’t touched it in almost two years unfortunately.

I’m working on a huge change for the Ranger!
How are you liking the Ranger?

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
F48906FA-B96C-46B2-B92E-80D81EFC5B1F.jpeg

Time to rebuild the grill. I really liked the previous version but I didn’t have the clearance like I initially planned. I also wanted to try a different mesh that allows more light to show through… damn I already let the cat out of the bag. Well check it out! I’ll show what it looks like finished!

8475E96F-E7DB-4B46-A097-5F2F5DFA5A80.jpeg

36AC7F42-97DF-46BD-80A6-6C6C8C5DAA99.jpeg
how hard was the grill to make?

maverick1872

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT AKA Strider
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m working on a huge change for the Ranger!
How are you liking the Ranger?
So far so good! Getting used to not having the cab space when I've got two large dogs takes some time for sure. Overall I think I'll be happier. Although I do miss the snow traction comparitively. I knew it would be worse though in the ranger.

Whatcha got planned for the ranger ?

Nevermind! Just saw the other build thread lol. I'm in love all though only 4 pages in. Got some catching up to do!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
So far so good! Getting used to not having the cab space when I've got two large dogs takes some time for sure. Overall I think I'll be happier. Although I do miss the snow traction comparitively. I knew it would be worse though in the ranger.

Whatcha got planned for the ranger ?

Nevermind! Just saw the other build thread lol. I'm in love all though only 4 pages in. Got some catching up to do!
B5F12E1F-4F1C-432F-8099-34A1DB0B238E.jpeg

here is the latest!