First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I know this an old post, How is your Grimm UCAs? I'm looking for a UCAs on my 3.5 inch lift. Thanks in advance.
UCA's do their job however, they did not come with a cap for the ball joint. I did see them available for purchase much later. It appears to be the same UCA as the tubular Icon ones. In fact the bracketry is branded with the Icon logo. I don't know if that's because my set was one of the first ones out or something else entirely. If I could do it again though I'd probably spend a little more and go with SVC, Total Chaos or some other cooler looking UCA. These are basic get job done type of deal. Sometimes that's all you need
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
man the ranger did great! fun video to watch
Thanks! The Ranger handles well on anything that can be done on 33's. High speed desert runs to tight technical sections to moderate rock crawling are not much of a challenge. Gearing, Tires and Clearance. That's all that's needed. I've rarely needed to use the rear locker.

The guy that creates those videos does a good job with them. We have fun out there and the Ranger can be seen in almost all of them

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
UCA's do their job however, they did not come with a cap for the ball joint. I did see them available for purchase much later. It appears to be the same UCA as the tubular Icon ones. In fact the bracketry is branded with the Icon logo. I don't know if that's because my set was one of the first ones out or something else entirely. If I could do it again though I'd probably spend a little more and go with SVC, Total Chaos or some other cooler looking UCA. These are basic get job done type of deal. Sometimes that's all you need
Thanks for the info, that's all I need to get a job done type of UCAs. Plus the ones you got has a grease fittings, it's nice to be able to replenish the grease where it's needed here in SoCal desert. I'll check the other UCAs you mentioned.
You have an awesome setup on your Ranger.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! The Ranger handles well on anything that can be done on 33's. High speed desert runs to tight technical sections to moderate rock crawling are not much of a challenge. Gearing, Tires and Clearance. That's all that's needed. I've rarely needed to use the rear locker.

The guy that creates those videos does a good job with them. We have fun out there and the Ranger can be seen in almost all of them
How high is your lift in the front to clear the 33s? Did you do all the works yourself?

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
SPC has options for UCAs both Alu and Steel knuckles. They would be my pick for good quailty no frills UCA's
I'll check them as well. I'm using a superlift 3.5 inch with my Fox 2.0 coilover over and the UCAs that came with the kit and started to make some squicking noise. I think it's time to change to a more robust UCAs.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
How high is your lift in the front to clear the 33s? Did you do all the works yourself?
Height...don't know. My coilovers are currently with Saint's Offroad in Glendora. I am having them swap my springs. Going from 550 to 650 lbs springs to accommodate for the bumper and winch. Once those are done and I bolt them back on the truck I can get measurements for you.

Right now my truck is sitting on Jack stands. It's so sad to look at.
PXL_20220515_021650749.PORTRAIT.png

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Height...don't know. My coilovers are currently with Saint's Offroad in Glendora. I am having them swap my springs. Going from 550 to 650 lbs springs to accommodate for the bumper and winch. Once those are done and I bolt them back on the truck I can get measurements for you.

Your truck is preparing for the long weekend coming up. Thanks for the info in advance.

Reactions: Doc

Tremors

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Xlt FX-4

Do you have any problems with your truck shuttering at take off after lifting your truck?

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Do you have any problems with your truck shuttering at take off after lifting your truck?
None. Is that an issue? Could be driveshaft alignment. There is a diff drop bracket available that may fix that.
Sponsored