Tire Size Fitment Master Thread

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4, 302A, Tow pkg. 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, we were looking at the 285/75/17 AT3s as well but decided to go for the ~33" 285/70s. Went with offset of 25 on the wheels to get max clearance in case we tried to fit the 75s.

Not sure exactly how much the BDS bars that go behind the wheel increase clearance but an extra 1/2" in tire radius won't clear the stock rear beams.

They're slightly outside but not by too much (see pic).
Tires5.jpg
Thanks, that's super helpful! Think I'll go the route of the +25mm offset vs the 0 offset option. Think that will push it out too far. These look perfect. I've already removed the bars from the front and rear so hopefully can squeeze the 285/75's in. What lift are you running up front? Let me know how you get on with those new AT3's I think that's what I'll pull the trigger on purely because they make a 285/75 and it's only 59lbs!
Sponsored

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks, that's super helpful! Think I'll go the route of the +25mm offset vs the 0 offset option. Think that will push it out too far. These look perfect. I've already removed the bars from the front and rear so hopefully can squeeze the 285/75's in. What lift are you running up front? Let me know how you get on with those new AT3's I think that's what I'll pull the trigger on purely because they make a 285/75 and it's only 59lbs!
We have ~2.5" of lift up front. 25 offset will definitely give a better chance of fitting the 75s. It's great that the 285/75s aren't crazy heavy and are C rated not E as well.

We'll see how these are once we're driving more and get off road again.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4, 302A, Tow pkg. 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE
Vehicle Showcase
We have ~2.5" of lift up front. 25 offset will definitely give a better chance of fitting the 75s. It's great that the 285/75s aren't crazy heavy and are C rated not E as well.

We'll see how these are once we're driving more and get off road again.
Awesome, thanks again for the info. Last question I had for you is did you measure the height of the tire once installed? Interested to see what actual height of it ended up being once it had a load on it.

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Awesome, thanks again for the info. Last question I had for you is did you measure the height of the tire once installed? Interested to see what actual height of it ended up being once it had a load on it.
Just measured and at ~35psi the fronts are just under 32" ground to eyeballed top and the rears without load are a little over 32". I should have measured the 265/60/18 stock before but oh well.

Should be ~2.3" larger in diameter/~1.15" lift from manufacturer numbers although I think given other measurements I've taken that the actual height change is a bit more, possibly due to going from P rated to LT C rated.

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
So I'm going to install 33x10.5R17's on stock rims with a 30mm hubcentric spacer and a 2.5 inch level... Thoughts on it working? I think I'll be ok as people have used 255x80 17's with just the level and stock.... so that would be 33.1X10.0R17 so i'm 1/2 wider, but a tiny bit less diameter,

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
I'm tired and hot... 96 here today and I'm too old and used to the AC to handle the sudden change. So put my 33x10.5 17's on today with 1 inch hubcentric spacers. looks great thereviews on the Kenda Klever RT's are BS it's not as quiet as stock... I didn't really think they would be. It's an aggressive tire might take some getting used to. First I'll have to deal with the front crash bar. I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace it, but way to much rub. Best advice on removing/replacing them? Pic is misleading I've got plenty of room in the back

IMG_20200502_152016.jpg

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
CC that got me sooo close. I only rub in reverse at full lock now.. I never really looked at it. But what is the plastic around it? Any reason not to take that off.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
CC that got me sooo close. I only rub in reverse at full lock now.. I never really looked at it. But what is the plastic around it? Any reason not to take that off.
Not sure on the plastic Chris

ctipton

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Just this week upgraded my XLT to a set of 265/70R17 from stock. I already had some 17 X8.5 25 offset wheels I had put on last year.
Once the new tires were put on, I noticed I'm getting rub at nearly full-full lock on the front crash bars, seemingly worse in reverse.
I'm getting a 2.5in front level within the next week and I'm wondering if that should clear this rubbing issue. I feel like I've seen differing posts regarding whether leveling alone will resolve this or if it's also an issue with the wheel offset.
Any answers are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored