Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
MY Harley Shovelhead is noisy.
This is good, as the cars can hear me coming.
I always had aftermarket exhaust on all my street bikes. They were all crotch rockets so it did help with performance and not just a lot of noise. lol The worst was my Ninja ZX-11. I had a Muzzy race pipe on it and you could hear me coming for miles! Everyone hated riding behind me because it was so loud.lol

1679087198213.png

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
One thing I felt helped greatly with heat was to have the windshield tinted with LLumar AIR tint.

https://llumar.com/na/en/automotive/window-tint/clear/
An an aluminized folding windshield screen helps a lot when I park it outside at our river house. I'd guess around 10-15 deg improvement. Once I get going the A/C holds up well, even over 90 deg.
But we have the SuperCab, easier to cool. The dog doesn't seem to care from the jump seat. ....he's just glad to be along for the ride.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
Why anyone would replace a Ford product with a Jeep product is beyond me. Really, Jeep uses plastic suspension parts?
Don't know which Jeep model you cite, but our Cherokee is/was up to snuff in my mind. We gave it to our daughter with full confidence when we got our Ranger.
All vehicle suspensions, including our beloved Rangers, have elastomer sway bar, suspension arm, strut mount, jounce bumpers, and other suspension bushings, plus CV and tie rod/ball joint boots.
I just about shat myself when I saw my BIL's new Explorer years ago with a plastic intake manifold. NFW I said. ....I got over it with five more new vehicles since with the same.
Which Jeep plastic suspension parts worry you? I reckon they are more common than your realize.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Why anyone would replace a Ford product with a Jeep product is beyond me. Really, Jeep uses plastic suspension parts?
Our Rangers use plastic sway bar end links.

Reactions: Doc

Tcarter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Retired
I too am considering a Mazda 3 or cx30. No longer need a truck and dissapointed in the 2020 Ranger. It has already eaten two batteries even when using a tender. 10200 miles. If it eats a 3rd may go with lemon law.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: Doc