Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hurricane Fiona battered Atlantic Canada last weekend and Ian is bearing down on Florida right now. I hope all our members in these areas are safe and get through this. Please join me in sending positive thoughts their way. ????
Sponsored

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I have family in Sarasota so I'm watching the radar very closely. i can only imagine what people are going through that stayed and those who evacuated wondering what they'll find when they get back home.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I will never forget many years ago when I was visiting my parents in Florida and a hurricane came thru - (Floyd maybe?) - anyway, it wasn't a particularly strong hurricane but I was amazed at how much damage it caused. I remember sitting in my parents house, and my pager for work going off - I called in and told them "Well, I'm sitting in the middle of a hurricane and the lights are flickering, so I don't think I can really do a whole lot" - they ended up calling someone else. :crackup:

Prayers to everyone in Ian's path for safety and limited damage.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hurricane Fiona battered Atlantic Canada last weekend and Ian is bearing down on Florida right now. I hope all our members in these areas are safe and get through this. Please join me in sending positive thoughts their way. ????
Hi Duke,

My little brother is on his roof top after 15 ft storm surge on his canal...It is night on Marco Island with no first responder help. My friends in Ft. Myers in an upscale Double wide....lost everything... My former boss's wife lost their house...He died just before the storm hit of heart failure.

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Duke,

My little brother is on his roof top after 15 ft storm surge on his canal...It is night on Marco Island with no first responder help. My friends in Ft. Myers in an upscale Double wide....lost everything... My former boss's wife lost their house...He died just before the storm hit of heart failure.

Best,
Phil
Devastating Phil. Such sad news from your friends and family. I sure hope your brother is safe by now.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Long term member of the national guard. They can only do so much when the storm is plowing thru. If you can run, run. They can only get the birds in the air and trucks in the water when it is safe to do so.

Prayers and positive energy to those who just got train wrecked by that storm. I have been thru three major storms myself. It fucking sucks.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hi Duke,

Best,
Phil
Hey Phil, shoot me a pm, I may have some info to help your brother if he is still in a bad spot. I was going to send it to you direct but could not find the button to pm you.
thanks
mark

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
it shocking how fast and crippling just one storm can be. seen a lot of it. praying that everyone is safe, im sure responders in the area and military are working hard to help. more help is on the way i hear.
The Salvation Army will be there. What a wonderful organization! Our area is taking up donations to deliver. They will need help for quite a while.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Hi Duke,

Best,
Phil
Sad group of events. We finally heard from a cousin who lives farther north and was basically unscathed.

Devastation pictures are just stunning.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Phil, shoot me a pm, I may have some info to help your brother if he is still in a bad spot. I was going to send it to you direct but could not find the button to pm you.
thanks
mark
Hi Mark,

Looks like no power and no cell phone battery...have not heard his plight... We are in no news is good news. Quite foolish when there is a mandatory evacuation to ride out the storm...But that is my brother...

Update. Daughter text...Brother and his wife are with friends....no power or cell coverage it appears...

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

Last edited: