Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hello all,

I was walking back to my car after class and heard a nice loud bang. This is exactly why I park in faculty parking spots. No more student lots for me. The young student literally swung into the parking spot with his Porsche… entitled probably but that’s besides the point here.

Have a lovely week,
Brandon
C15A37F1-F026-42B4-8A47-23E0E6C88E12.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Dam that's some damage.
Yeah, it was reallll bad.. Tore up fender and a little down the passenger door... I made sure to walk up to the Porsche owner and asked him if he was going to leave his info. Stayed in my vehicle nearby to make sure he did not just hit and run since I had that situation a few months ago. He said "I got you dude, good looking out" and he had the paper out and insurance info already out with lights on. At least he is taking responsibility. Good on him.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Crap like this is why I'm doing everything I can to avoid moving to apartments(Lease ends next month, refuse park on street or in confined parking areas)
Yeah, you just never know... It's quite unfortunate street parking situations and especially compact parking structures.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
My wife and I always park away. I know it's not fool proof, but it helps, I can walk. In parking garages I will park on the roof if I need to find a clear spot.

When my wife bought her volvo in 2002 she parked on the street and some dingbat evidently backed into her drivers door and put a big crease in it. Right at the safety bar in the door, so it stretched the metal. Dentless guys got a lot of it out, but it's never been perfect. When it happened I was livid, but I've gotten over it. Mostly.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
My wife and I always park away. I know it's not fool proof, but it helps, I can walk. In parking garages I will park on the roof if I need to find a clear spot.

When my wife bought her volvo in 2002 she parked on the street and some dingbat evidently backed into her drivers door and put a big crease in it. Right at the safety bar in the door, so it stretched the metal. Dentless guys got a lot of it out, but it's never been perfect. When it happened I was livid, but I've gotten over it. Mostly.
Yeah, it is not fool proof but it does definitely help. I also claim the extra walk as free exercise :)

Dang, that is a shame. It sucks people ruin other's property without taking responsibility. Yeah, there are plenty of idiots out there, we can only do as much as we can to avoid them :/

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I always park way out where no one is and walk the extra distance. Luckily it hardly rains here so it's no big deal and the exercise is good too. Yet there are times I'll come out and there it is, someone parked next to me driving an old beat up junker that looks like Sanford & Son. :mad:

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it was reallll bad.. Tore up fender and a little down the passenger door... I made sure to walk up to the Porsche owner and asked him if he was going to leave his info. Stayed in my vehicle nearby to make sure he did not just hit and run since I had that situation a few months ago. He said "I got you dude, good looking out" and he had the paper out and insurance info already out with lights on. At least he is taking responsibility. Good on him.
it is good but he aint paying for it, his parents are

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I always park way out where no one is and walk the extra distance. Luckily it hardly rains here so it's no big deal and the exercise is good too. Yet there are times I'll come out and there it is, someone parked next to me driving an old beat up junker that looks like Sanford & Son. :mad:

You Fred or Lamont?

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired

It’s probably me in my 1998 C 2500. Just like the new Ranger, I still park it away, even though the 3/4 ton looks like the work truck it is.
Sponsored