First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I always park way out where no one is and walk the extra distance. Luckily it hardly rains here so it's no big deal and the exercise is good too. Yet there are times I'll come out and there it is, someone parked next to me driving an old beat up junker that looks like Sanford & Son. :mad:
Hahaha Sanford & Son junker :crackup: I swear they do it cause they KNOW you wanted to be left alone. Sad days.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
People in NC just don't drive like that. I have to bite my tongue when I'm 3 vehicles back at a light and the lead car doesn't see the green...no one honks...and I don't... ? ?...so you can imagine how careful they are when parking...and I never have to worry....

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Living in NC, people just don't drive like that. Sometime I have to bite my tongue when I'm 3 vehicles back at a light and the lead car doesn't see the green...no one honks...and I don't... ? ?...so you can imagine how careful they are when parking...and I never have to worry....
Helps a ton when you aren't surrounded by rats scurrying to the next place in a rat race city :( Jealous of your well-mannered citizens.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Helps a ton when you aren't surrounded by rats scurrying to the next place in a rat race city :( Jealous of your well-mannered citizens.
It won't be like this for long as more and more big city migrants move in...:rolleyes:

Let's go Brandon!?

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
It won't be like this for long as more and more big city migrants move in...:rolleyes:

Let's go Brandon!?
Hopefully prolong that from happening as long as possible. Keep the big city packed like sardines :p Let me run off to the safe havens without the crowd :please:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

I was walking back to my car after class and heard a nice loud bang. This is exactly why I park in faculty parking spots. No more student lots for me. The young student literally swung into the parking spot with his Porsche… entitled probably but that’s besides the point here.

Have a lovely week,
Brandon
C15A37F1-F026-42B4-8A47-23E0E6C88E12.jpeg
Hey, Brandon, thanks for posting this. Fortunately, at my own place of work, the bottom floors of the parking structure fill up first, but if you go high enough, it starts to thin out, and you can always find a (relatively) safe spot up near the top. This has worked for me so far....

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it was reallll bad.. Tore up fender and a little down the passenger door... I made sure to walk up to the Porsche owner and asked him if he was going to leave his info. Stayed in my vehicle nearby to make sure he did not just hit and run since I had that situation a few months ago. He said "I got you dude, good looking out" and he had the paper out and insurance info already out with lights on. At least he is taking responsibility. Good on him.
Some years ago I was sitting in my truck which was backed in the parking spots like I always park and I watched an older woman whipped in so fast into a parking spot a few spots down from me that she knocked the car out of the parking spot that was in the spot in front of it and into the driving lane. She had pulled in from the opposite side. She took off after I got out to push that car back into its parking spot. I left a note on the windshield of what with my phone number (no cell phones back then) and what had happened and her license tag because I figured if anything it probably knocked some teeth out of the gears in the transmission. That old bibby drove back around, got out of her car and took my note off the windshield. Unbeknownst to her I was still sitting in my truck and put another note on the windshield. I never got a call from the owner of that car so I don't know if they just said no biggie or if that old bibbie drove back around and took my note off again. Kudos to the Porsche driver that he was going to do the right thing without being confronted.

Last edited:

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Let's go Brandon!?
The problem down here in Florida is that they're moving in from New York City and the other big cities and not only that, they are bringing their ways down here with them and their driving and parking shows where they're from. Never seen so many clunkers in all my life, except when I've been in those northern cities working!
I'd sure love to move out there where some of you guys are in a sparsely populated area but my wife, being from a big city in the Philippines will have nothing of it. "Of course if she just started doing traveling gigs I could be out in a place like that and she would have a place to come and rest in between jobs…... Hmmmmmm
1633603723710.png

Wife ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I used to have an old F150 (1983 shortbed, inline 6, 4x4, NP435 trans) that was 3 different colors with 2 of those being different shades of rusty fenders.

NOBODY parked next to it.

Though at the Wally World it didn't sway anbody, but I still wasn't worried about the truck.

That thing was a tank, and my father-in-law still has it 20+ years later.

My Ranger recently got its first boo boo but not from an errant driver.

Well, kind of. It was an errant driver of an electric wheelchair ?

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

I was walking back to my car after class and heard a nice loud bang. This is exactly why I park in faculty parking spots. No more student lots for me. The young student literally swung into the parking spot with his Porsche… entitled probably but that’s besides the point here.

Have a lovely week,
Brandon
C15A37F1-F026-42B4-8A47-23E0E6C88E12.jpeg
Is this by UCSD extension?

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hey, Brandon, thanks for posting this. Fortunately, at my own place of work, the bottom floors of the parking structure fill up first, but if you go high enough, it starts to thin out, and you can always find a (relatively) safe spot up near the top. This has worked for me so far....
Hey Marc, no problem :) going towards the top is generally the move to go to. Luckily the faculty parking has lots of open spots, I usually park a bit further away than most teachers are willing to walk ?

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Some years ago I was sitting in my truck which was backed in the parking spots like I always park and I watched an older woman whipped in so fast into a parking spot a few spots down from me that she knocked the car out of the parking spot that was in the spot in front of it and into the driving lane. She had pulled in from the opposite side. She took off after I got out to push that car back into its parking spot. I left a note on the windshield of what with my phone number (no cell phones back then) and what had happened and her license tag because I figured if anything it probably knocked some teeth out of the gears in the transmission. That old bibby drove back around, got out of her car and took my note off the windshield. Unbeknownst to her I was still sitting in my truck and put another note on the windshield. I never got a call from the owner of that car so I don't know if they just said no biggie or if that old bibbie drove back around and took my note off again. Kudos to the Porsche driver that he was going to do the right thing without being confronted.
Wow Nick. I find it interesting we had the dichotomy of a good doer like you and someone hell bent to be a terrible person like the old bibby. Weird, you would think the owner would call you after something like that. Maybe old bibby came back thirty minutes later hahaha

Agreed, the Porsche owner at least was already doing the right thing. Nice to see

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
The problem down here in Florida is that they're moving in from New York City and the other big cities and not only that are they bringing their ways down here with them but they're driving and parking have it show where they're from. Never seen so many clunkers in all my life, except when I've been in those northern cities working!
I'd sure love to move out there where some of you guys are in a sparsely populated area but my wife being from a big city in the Philippines will have nothing of it. "Of course if she just started doing traveling gigs I could be out in a place like that and she would have a place to come and rest in between jobs…... Hmmmmmm
1633603723710.png

Wife ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
Hahaha clunkers. I honestly wonder what population is gonna look like in all cities by 20-30 years…

Gotta keep the wife happy ? but mayyyybeeee if she does the traveling gigs you can pick up that beautiful rural home for little vacays for her :)

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I used to have an old F150 (1983 shortbed, inline 6, 4x4, NP435 trans) that was 3 different colors with 2 of those being different shades of rusty fenders.

NOBODY parked next to it.

Though at the Wally World it didn't sway anbody, but I still wasn't worried about the truck.

That thing was a tank, and my father-in-law still has it 20+ years later.

My Ranger recently got its first boo boo but not from an errant driver.

Well, kind of. It was an errant driver of an electric wheelchair ?
Hahaha I guess when you have the ol’ rusted tank, no one wants to mess with the beef ? wow your FIL still has it too? Man we gotta see pics of it in today’s age!!

Hahaha what the heck, this electric wheel chair operator was going for a rollercoaster experience this time huh :p

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student