This is one reason why I did not get an F-150...

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
It fits!

nA4bQaUfTzy1SVH8Umhn6g.jpg
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback
Me too for similar reasons! This is my rental Chevy Silverado 1500 in a typical SF public parking garage.

39a8817a-9cf5-4880-a865-ac1583313a5e-jpeg.jpg
This was the exact reason I was wanting a midsized truck. After checking out the Ranger and Colorado, they just didn't have enough room. Specifically rear seat leg room. I probably would have bought a zr2 diesel Colorado if the dealer had not low balled me on my trade.
I am happy with the F-150 I bought. A little too big, but for me, that's better than too small.

Last edited:

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Ditto. An F-150 crew cab with the 5 1/2 ft bed was my plan B if i didn't like the Ranger. I did the measurements and theoretically it should fit. But after getting my Ranger, I don't really think it would have. I'd have to open the garage door just to get around to the other side. You can't see the front of my garage in this pic, but there is enough room front and back to shuffle by sideways to get to the other side.

20190121_205110.jpg

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. This is my Fifth Ranger, and I've never had anything yet that I couldn't get from Point A to Point B and needed a bigger truck.

20190108_203646.jpg
Good idea with the board in front of the wheels. My wife could have used that the other day when she backed into the snowblower and put a nice little crease in the decklid of her new Edge. I said to her "Do you even LISTEN to the beeps or look at the backup monitor?" She said she ignores them both....obviously. :LOL:

Rigwright

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Union Millwright (Retired)
Good idea with the board in front of the wheels. My wife could have used that the other day when she backed into the snowblower and put a nice little crease in the decklid of her new Edge. I said to her "Do you even LISTEN to the beeps or look at the backup monitor?" She said she ignores them both....obviously. :LOL:
A ping pong ball on a string that hits your windshield works great too. My Grandfather used to do that.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I find the front sensors work fine for me.

Bubbabiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
Since Ford can't figure out how to install parking sensors on the front bumper of the F150 I use a practice golf ball. o_O

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Since Ford can't figure out how to install parking sensors on the front bumper of the F150 I use a practice golf ball. o_O
Amen to that my friend. I like my F-150 but that big bitch could use some front sensors. And, turning anywhere but a 40 acre field is at times an exercise in futility. That's why I've been looking at the Rangers, and kind of waiting for the Bronco to actually find life.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Was thinking about using a tennis ball myself.
I did end up hanging a little stress relief ball from my garage ceiling eventually.

AliB

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Why? Because it fits me. Hubby and son have F150s, I cant reach the center consol if standing on the ground, forget looking over the bed rails or tailgate and that tailgate I cant get on it to sit unless I have a step. Short woman problems. So yeah the Ranger fits me and my use of a truck better.

FB_IMG_1551896222313.jpg

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I live in a mountain town in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The streets are so narrow in the residential neighborhoods that if there are cars parked along the street you have to wait your turn to pass. Parking is tight everywhere and you have to be a parallel parking pro in many places. Backing into my driveway is a 3-4 time back and forth exercise when someone is parked on the street across from it. I like my F150 SuperCab, but it's a TOTAL pain everywhere up here. I curse it daily. I can't wait to get my "trim" Ranger.

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I couldn't decide, so I have both. One long bed, one short. One 4x4, one 4x2. The ranger is so much easier to park in the tight spaces at work and the F-150 is great for when I need to haul larger items. Neither one fits in my garage because I have too much crap. I had a Colorado when I didn't have saws and motorcycle lifts in the way and it was too big to reasonably get in and out of. I'm too old to be squeezing my fat butt between the grill and the door.
Sponsored