This is one reason why I did not get an F-150...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! We had a F-150 as a loaner for about a week absolutely loved driving it, and it did (barely) fit in my garage, but on condition of not being able to walk around it with the garage door shut! Clearly, this would not work on a regular basis, and so the Ranger it is! (Will not know for sure until mid-August, but the measurements and members' comments and photos are reassuring!
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Why? Because it fits me. Hubby and son have F150s, I cant reach the center consol if standing on the ground, forget looking over the bed rails or tailgate and that tailgate I cant get on it to sit unless I have a step. Short woman problems. So yeah the Ranger fits me and my use of a truck better.

FB_IMG_1551896222313.jpg
Ali, would you mind telling how tall you are? My wife is four foot eleven, and I am worried that she will have a hard time climbing up into the passenger's seat (front). I ordered factory runners and hope that that will do the trick. (We take delivery of FX4 Lariat in mid-August.)

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Same. F150 just won't fit. I can walk all the way around the Ranger AND drop the tailgate with the garage doors closed.

IMG_5321.JPG

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My garage is a work place on one side and a small car (wifes) on the other side. Just like parking spaces they dont make garages big enough. Yards are not big enough for all the toys that you need also.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Ali, would you mind telling how tall you are? My wife is four foot eleven, and I am worried that she will have a hard time climbing up into the passenger's seat (front). I ordered factory runners and hope that that will do the trick. (We take delivery of FX4 Lariat in mid-August.)
My wife is 4’10” and I have to say, thank goodness there is a passenger side grab handle. She is getting very skilled at Ranger climbing. I try to park curbside whenever she is out and about with me. I had a step bar on an FJ Cruiser that made the back of my pant legs dirty every time I got out of it.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is 4’10” and I have to say, thank goodness there is a passenger side grab handle. She is getting very skilled at Ranger climbing. I try to park curbside whenever she is out and about with me. I had a step bar on an FJ Cruiser that made the back of my pant legs dirty every time I got out of it.
Ric, thanks! She has been able to climb into our old Honda Element and current Ford Explorer with no problems, and without any runners, once we plotted out and practiced a course upward. If your wife can climb into the new Ranger, then mine should be able to do so as well. I am six foot three and certainly don't need any runners, but they come in pairs so I will just put up with it on the driver's side. Regards, Mark

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Ric, thanks! She has been able to climb into our old Honda Element and current Ford Explorer with no problems, and without any runners, once we plotted out and practiced a course upward. If your wife can climb into the new Ranger, then mine should be able to do so as well. I am six foot three and certainly don't need any runners, but they come in pairs so I will just put up with it on the driver's side. Regards, Mark
Funny thing, I’m 6’3”.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Funny thing, I’m 6’3”.
Dear Ric: Just to bring this to a conclusion, between the runners and the well-placed passenger grab-handle, my four-feet and eleven inches tall wife easily climbed right up into the 2019 Ranger the first time, like a duck to water. She says it is actually easier to get into than our Explorer, which, though lower, lacked runners, and it is the first step up that makes all the difference. To top it off, she loves the sitting position, higher than the passengers in other vehicles, well, most of them, and enjoys the view, the technology, the music system, etc. So we are both really happy with the Ranger!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Was thinking about using a tennis ball myself.
The Lariat's reverse-viewing screen and sensors work great for me. I back it in, butt of the car up close to the rear wall of my garage. I just keep backing it up slowly until the sensors are screaming bloody murder and then stop. That way I will have enough room to move around the garage via the front of the Ranger and can pull out facing front in the morning, which gives you a better view of potential oncoming cars, pedestrians, dogs, etc. Come winter, when there are snow drifts, I would rather plow through them with the FX4 facing forward than backward....

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait! You mean garages are for parking vehicles in? Damn! All this time I thought they were for lawn care equipment and all the crap that doesn't have a home INSIDE the house. I've been doing it wrong! o_O

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
There’s no chance of fitting an F150 in my garage either... unless whoever drives it in plans to stay inside it until it’s driven back out again!

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I came close to buying an F150. That 2.7 is a great engine. But then I remembered all the PIA experiences I've had with my econoline. Also, I did not like the interior on the 2021 F150. The Ranger's might be a bit dated, but I feel the materials are a bit nicer. But the Ranger is downright sporty in comparison. Now I can fit in any parking space, it's great.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I came close to buying an F150. That 2.7 is a great engine. But then I remembered all the PIA experiences I've had with my econoline. Also, I did not like the interior on the 2021 F150. The Ranger's might be a bit dated, but I feel the materials are a bit nicer. But the Ranger is downright sporty in comparison. Now I can fit in any parking space, it's great.
Size matters and for sure the Ranger is way more sporty .
Sponsored