First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yep, you're correct. Random highlighting words and sentences proves your point. Be happy pulling up your big boy pants and standing over your vanquished. Slide back into your cave until it's time to come out and throw your two cents of knowledge into the ring. I give.
You asked a question and I try to make it as clear as possible.

Must be a Detroit thing. Maybe you need a "reset", because you never did answer my questions.

So why did you ask him about resetting the tune?

If I were standing beside you when you said that, I would have asked you: "Why would you do that?"

And in reply, you would have said to me what, exactly?

You see that's the thing about the internet. I can't see your face, I take what you write exactly the way it's written. You poke Ford with a stick, then ask about the reset.

Are you accusing Ford of moral turpitude?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
What the car industry could learn from the popcorn popper industry

I just purchased a hot air popcorn popper for $17. It works like a charm. I plug it in and 3 seconds later it’s blowing really hot air. Then, after breakfast (yeah, I like popcorn for breakfast), I walk out to my car that costs roughly 3000 times as much as the popcorn popper, and freeze my Boston winter ass off for about 10 minutes before the vents blow slightly warm air. WTF is up with that? Is there really no way the car makers can heat the car with electric coils before the engine warms up enough to blow engine-heated air into the cabin?

Did my own fix, I’ll just get to work faster with a good tune and some toaster parts!

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
if i am not mistaken, our ranger does have a preheat electric coil for this very purpose

someone will tell me i'm wrong for sure....and I am ok with that. bring it in everyone...group hugzzzz
We need more smart asses in the world, I’m doing my part! ?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

I just purchased a hot air popcorn popper for $17. It works like a charm. I plug it in and 3 seconds later it’s blowing really hot air. Then, after breakfast (yeah, I like popcorn for breakfast), I walk out to my car that costs roughly 3000 times as much as the popcorn popper, and freeze my Boston winter ass off for about 10 minutes before the vents blow slightly warm air. WTF is up with that? Is there really no way the car makers can heat the car with electric coils before the engine warms up enough to blow engine-heated air into the cabin?

Did my own fix, I’ll just get to work faster with a good tune and some toaster parts!
I should be able to do more than one imoji on the post so here:
:like::clap::giggle::rockon::handsinair:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Electric heat? Way to easy.

We do it this way, and it's cool. First we convert dinosaurs to oil, refine the oil into gasoline, use the gasoline to run an internal combustion engine, cool that engine with antifreeze which heats up the antifreeze, then use an engine mounted pump to circulate that antifreeze into a little radiator in the truck, where the hot air from that little radiator circulates into the truck via an electric fan, supplied power via an alternator, attached to the engine.

Easy Peasy.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Last edited:

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
My original answer to the OP was to be patient and believe the dealer is on his side. I've seen the process they use and it may or may not work out in his favor but I believe that it will be fair and accurate. It is between him and the dealer now and ANYTHING else is just.......

tumblr_npyadmN1gu1rsxqqio1_500.gif

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I did some programming.. 30 years ago :p, but it seems to me like they could have it set-up when you push the "Tow" button, that it changes the program... then when you disengage the "Tow" button, the tune changes back?

Maybe that's another $850... :surprised:
Could they? totally, it's not hard. (That's what she said) Do they have the room in the ECU? I doubt it. I read somewhere else they were maxed out on space.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna go ahead and stay on topic here and post a pic of my dog laying beside me as I read the posts.

F0BBAFF5-CFDD-4806-AAB5-243214CDFC11.jpeg

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase