port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Only if you get the one with added hp/tq otherwise you're just going to have girly arms and loss of upper body muscle. ?
SHIT! You mean to tell me those things have different HP ratings?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
SHIT! You mean to tell me those things have different HP ratings?
Yes they do. Take your pick. ?

Some will give you this. :rockon:

104+.png

While others will give you this. ?

skinny-guy-genetics.jpg

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
None what so ever other than the anecdotal stories I've read on other forums over the years. Since we are all playing psychologists today its curious how many posters have seemingly taken the general statement personal when it was never directed at anyone.

340?cb=20171029023215.gif

I'm not always the best at social filters, so let me try now: Beware what you post online, right, wrong, or indifferent.

I'm not advocating ripping off a company, I'm also not going to advocate giving a company more ammo to fight you with then what they can muster up on their own. The source has not even been diagnosed in the OPs case - however I wouldn't give them any extra nails to hammer me to the wall with. Is anyone here going to argue a majority of dealerships won't find any legal reason, loop hole, or play on words to an ignorant customer to deny warranty work and parts? Come on...
I for one did not take any personal offense with your statement. In fact I tend to agree with the first part of your statement. The second part just seemed to be a rant out of anger. It did not seam to fit with the current discussion.

On thar point, any assumptions we come up with here are just that, assumptions. Until such time as the actual initial cause of the failure is determined along with the operating conditions at the time of failure. Nothing will be settled here. I hope for the OPs sake this happens soon, as repairs Can't happen until then. I hope it goes well for him and either Ford or 5 Star ponies up for the cost.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
As soon as somebody starts talking about "resetting to factory tune before taking it to the dealer" I'm thinking their ethics are in question, at a minimum.
Yep, this was me that made that comment but as this thread is showing, shit spirals on accusations. I asked a question, not offering advise; how dare you accuse me of moral turpitude. You have no idea how I would react if this had happened to me so to question my ethics??? :mad:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Since we run the warranty pool for 5-Star's tunes (and we may be cutting the check on this one), I thought I might chime in:

Whether your dealer will perform a powertrain/drivetrain repair under Ford's warranty when you're tuned/heavily modified depends on a TON of factors, more than can be listed here in any sort of succinct manner.

Our general stance is that there's always a chance that a dealer will discover your tuning and decline to do repairs under your stock warranties.

On the F150 side, we've had folks with every bolt-on in the catalogue and a tune get new motors under warranty, while we've had guys with just a tune on a bone-stock truck that's babied everywhere get totally hosed.

I know it's not super-reassuring, but there's not much rhyme or reason, which is why we started the 5-Star tune warranty program to begin with.

Honestly, your best bet would be to have a good relationship with your dealership/service advisors. A plate of cookies at Christmas is a small price to pay.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Since we run the warranty pool for 5-Star's tunes (and we may be cutting the check on this one), I thought I might chime in:

Whether your dealer will perform a powertrain/drivetrain repair under Ford's warranty when you're tuned/heavily modified depends on a TON of factors, more than can be listed here in any sort of succinct manner.

Our general stance is that there's always a chance that a dealer will discover your tuning and decline to do repairs under your stock warranties.

On the F150 side, we've had folks with every bolt-on in the catalogue and a tune get new motors under warranty, while we've had guys with just a tune on a bone-stock truck that's babied everywhere get totally hosed.

I know it's not super-reassuring, but there's not much rhyme or reason, which is why we started the 5-Star tune warranty program to begin with.

Honestly, your best bet would be to have a good relationship with your dealership/service advisors. A plate of cookies at Christmas is a small price to pay.
Thank you for the honesty.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

Who invited this guy? We were well on our way to getting this thread to devolve into a proper internet pissing match based on rampant unfounded speculation, and here comes Jason with actual facts and legitimate insight...

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Wow! this has been a super passionate [to say the least] thread today...
Its HUMP day Wednesday, so go find your favorite he, she, they, it, them or whatever pronoun is appropriate and thro-a-hump, just make sure you have some ointment handy because 'ya never know where folks have been these days.. For those of us who would rather have a drink or edible, have at it! Just be safe, dont drive & make sure the kids have supper and have done their homework before you 'check out'..
Let's hope for the best in this case and a smooth resolution!
Better threads tomorrow.
:fingerscrossed::like:

Remember in 100 years no one will give a $hi!

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Who invited this guy? We were well on our way to getting this thread to devolve into a proper internet pissing match based on rampant unfounded speculation, and here comes Jason with actual facts and legitimate insight...
Don't worry. All the closeted warranty lawyers will jump in here in a second and tell me how wrong I am.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
^THIS hahaha

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man