Things to do when lifting/leveling?

QCRanger48

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm about to put Bilstein 5100s on my 2019 Ranger and wanted to know if there's anything else that needs to be adjusted once leveled. I assume headlights do, and I know it'll need an alignment. My main question is about the adaptive cruise control radar, does that need to be adjusted at all? Anything else I'm not thinking of?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Headlights and alignment should do it.

ACC - should be fine
Fog Lamps - should be fine - adjust if you start getting flashed when on

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm about to put Bilstein 5100s on my 2019 Ranger and wanted to know if there's anything else that needs to be adjusted once leveled. I assume headlights do, and I know it'll need an alignment. My main question is about the adaptive cruise control radar, does that need to be adjusted at all? Anything else I'm not thinking of?
To make it a little easier you can set a piece of blue tape on the back of your garage wall before doing this measuring the stock height. That way you'll have a mark where to set the new height to.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
When I did my suspension and tires I adjusted headlights and fogs as well as an alignment. For factory fogs, they probably won't need much adjustment. But my aftermarket fogs are pretty intense.

ACC and all of the "smart" stuff was fine.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
To make it a little easier you can set a piece of blue tape on the back of your garage wall before doing this measuring the stock height. That way you'll have a mark where to set the new height to.
And if you forget, the alignment steps are listed in the FP Fox level kit install directions.

Dave's suggestion is easiest though as you won't require a large distance from the truck to the wall to do so.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
And if you forget, the alignment steps are listed in the FP Fox level kit install directions.

Dave's suggestion is easiest though as you won't require a large distance from the truck to the wall to do so.
Careful doing the headlight adjustment in the garage. Might end up over adjusting them down. Supposed to be done at 20ft or so. Garage will work but take it for a night test drive and bring the ratchet with, prepare to go up a touch.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Careful doing the headlight adjustment in the garage. Might end up over adjusting them down. Supposed to be done at 20ft or so. Garage will work but take it for a night test drive and bring the ratchet with, prepare to go up a touch.
Yep.

And that's what I meant about Dave's method being easier. Marking the original and matching to that eliminates distance to the wall from the equation. As long as you do both at the same distance.

Also, if you don't have the 20 feet, I only had 15 of level pad, you can apply a bit of trigonometry and adjust the aim point.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Standard garages are 20' deep so there's more than enough room to do this.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Standard garages are 20' deep so there's more than enough room to do this.
Crap you guys are both right.... You dont need a level driveway for lift kit adjustment. The tape mark might be 6ft off the floor but its the same baseline.... Ignore me but I just learned something thanks!!
Sponsored