First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My oil life monitor is intelligent, like Mensa levels. @D Fresh I suspect yours might have a developmental disability.
On behalf of my truck, we will not stand for such elitism. While not college educated like yours, mine is plenty street smart. We're not impressed with your truck's pretty piece of paper hanging on the wall!
Sponsored

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Had a neighbor who decided to do that with his older Hyundai Sonata. Thing sat outside 24/7, he took small trips as he worked from home. He was a bit of a loner, kept to himself. 7 years later he had to get an small exhaust leak and emergency brake line fixed, both rusted away. When he came back from the dealer that repaired it, he bitched how much money he spent for the repairs, which in my opinion were reasonable. Plus they washed and cleaned his car so well it looked like a new car. :oops::shock::crackup:

I asked him if he finally got an oil change? He stated the dealer highly recommended it, but he insisted it was fine starting and running, so he passed on it. Shortly there after the neighbor moved, and wouldn't you know it, he made the 1000mile trek without an issue. I swear the guy was a cheap SOB and had a horseshoe stuck up his @$$ :crackup:
On the flip side I have seen Kia techs bitching about how people come in with seized engines who never knew oil changes existed lol.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
On behalf of my truck, we will not stand for such elitism. While not college educated like yours, mine is plenty street smart. We're not impressed with your truck's pretty piece of paper hanging on the wall!
I know it may be upsetting, but rest assured help is available. I believe Ford has a Special Truck Assistance Program where your truck can qualify for extra diagnoses and monthly Fordpass points.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
EDIT - I should add I only use the scheduled remote starts

off the topic, how long does the truck run after a scheduled remote start from the Ford Pass? I tried it a couple times and it seems when I get to it in less than 10 minutes its already off. I know the keyfob remote start runs 15 minutes.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
off the topic, how long does the truck run after a scheduled remote start from the Ford Pass? I tried it a couple times and it seems when I get to it in less than 10 minutes its already off. I know the keyfob remote start runs 15 minutes.
You can change the duration in the settings in the truck. Mine runs for the same amount of time whether it started it from fob or it was scheduled. I recently changed mine to 5 minutes because of the fuel consumption.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Every 5k miles I'll change the oil and rotate tires.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
The last 3 vehicles I bought (2 new and one used over 13 years) I did the first service the day I bought them. Oil, transmission, and diff fluids changed, and antifreeze fluid change. On day two was Fluid Film undercoating.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
You can change the duration in the settings in the truck. Mine runs for the same amount of time whether it started it from fob or it was scheduled. I recently changed mine to 5 minutes because of the fuel consumption.
well thats why I am confused. I set the dashboard run time to 15 minutes. I dont think its ever run that long before I get in, however the few times I tried a scheduled start it seemed to shut off in less than 5. I will have to schedule a start later today and actually time it. I have used the app to remote start from hotel rooms when out of FOB range, and that seemed to run longer.
I admit I have yet to actually to time a scheduled start. maybe later today

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
As long as you bring it in for a oil change when the OLM goes off you'll be fine.
That said, on any new vehicle I buy I do the first oil change at 2500 miles, then at 5000 miles, and every 5000 miles after that. Got 212,000 miles out of my old Sport Trac and it ran like new until it blew a head gasket.
My personal maintenance schedule goes like this:
Oil and filter, synthetic, every 5000 miles.
Air filter, rear axle, and t-case, every 30,000 miles. If I'm running a K&N, clean and oil once a year.
Front axle, coolant, trans fluid, spark plugs, every 50,000 miles.
Tailgate damper fluid with a pinch of Lucas Tailgate Damper Fluid Conditioner, once a year.

Last edited:

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
First oil change at 2,500 while it was with the dealer for another issue. Their sticker wants it back at 5k miles vs the books 10k mile interval. Trying to get money from me or do they know something? Dunno. Oil is cheaper than an engine or turbo/ going with 5k OCI anyway.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I know what it says. But it is not true. No matter the driving conditions its set to 10k miles or one year. All highway, mixed city, towing miles or offroad miles, it doesn't matter. You can check for yourself.

My dash said I was at 20% oil life when I hit 7,500 miles. I do a mix of short around town drives to 1 hour and 2 hour round trips. I also occasionally tow a 5.5'x10' utility trailer. So far my Ranger has been just like my Dodge and Jeep vehicles, the oil life percentage will change depending on driving habits and if I am towing a trailer or not. I did notice that teh oil life percentage drop quicker when towing a trailer compared to not towing anything.

I had my truck services at 8,000 mile. I asked the service manager about it and he said go by the oil life gauge, 10,000 miles, or 1 year, which ever happens first.

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I just switched dealers for my maintenance. After getting low balled when I tried to upgrade to a F-150 I pulled the plug on my dealer. I wasn't thriller with their service department anyway.

Went back to my old dealer who I stopped going to after I moved. It's a longer drive but worth it.
Sponsored