First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
built in wireless charging in the slot on the dash or in the cubby hole on the dash or in the storage area below the dash and wireless apple carplay. Plugging in the cable is a PITA for me and I hate wires running all over the place. continuous plugging and unplugging my Iphone can't be good for the socket and I prefer carplay to sync 3
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I used the plug at the back of console behind the seat. I ran the charge cable to the hand brake, stuffed the wire inside the console.
I then used a small piece of Velcro to hold the wire. Sticks under the handbrake until I need it.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Move the usb port. Where it is now if you have something plugged into it then the storage compartment is pretty much rendered useless.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
The thing I miss most on my Ranger is seat memory.. I'm totally anal about how my seat's supposed to be, and as soon as my wife drives it one time, I lose that "perfect" spot lol

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The thing I miss most on my Ranger is seat memory.. I'm totally anal about how my seat's supposed to be, and as soon as my wife drives it one time, I lose that "perfect" spot lol
Hi JJ,

Bingo! Spot on... I love it on our Lincoln MKX but sad Ranger did not incorporate it.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
That's a good one. Since we both drive ours, it would be nice.

I haven't read through all 24 pages of this thread, so maybe it's been mentioned, but the thing I probably wish the most was available as an option is being able to open/close the windows from the key Fob. I suspect it was left out because they think remote start is a better replacement for it, and it is for a lot of use cases, but remote start doesn't pick up some less common use cases, like being able to remotely close the windows when a thunderstorm hits, or making sure your windows are closed at night with the press of a button.

I know it can be added with a lot of work (I've read RCMUSTANG's thread), but would be nice as an option :)

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
My wife and I drive in to work everyday (she's on a learner permit and drives to her job then I drive to mine). She's 5'0 and I am 6'3". Thankfully, the only adjustment that needs to be made is back and forth. We both like the seat all the way up and both like our seatback at the same relative angle. Same in our Rogue.

The only annoying thing is waiting to adjust the seat forward and back. Much nicer in the Rogue with manual seats. 1/2 second vice 5 minutes (just seems that way :) ).

We both can't stand electric adjustable seats, but I could see it for folks that need fine adjustments and then for sure, I'd understand wanting the memory function if drivers switch out.

Rob Binsky

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT Sport Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
1. Driver’s side grab handle, 2. Driver’s seat memory button, 3. Heated steering wheel

mransr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT Convertible
However, the one thing that bothers me on a regular basis are the HVAC manual controls - they are so darned hard to see in the daytime. Yes, I know I could use the SYNC screen, but I keep that on Apple CarPlay, so I have to get back to the SYNC screen, and then to Climate. If there was some way that they could keep them backlit at all times, it would go a long way to helping.
I agree 100%...I was wondering if maybe that was something that could be set with Forscan? (I think that is what it is called)

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Move the usb port. Where it is now if you have something plugged into it then the storage compartment is pretty much rendered useless.
Not sure if I agree with you there. That "storage compartment" is for your phone - it's perfectly sized to contain a plugged in phone cable and phone when using Android Auto/Carplay. That way you don't have any cables getting twisted and hung up on other interior pieces. It's one of my favorite parts about the interior. There's other spots for you to store things: dash area, the massive center console, etc.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree 100%...I was wondering if maybe that was something that could be set with Forscan? (I think that is what it is called)
Can’t you just tell it? Haven’t tried it in the Ranger yet, but worked in my Fusion...

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That "storage compartment" is for your phone.
Says who? Even if we agreed on that, why is the USB in the center. Would it not work with your phone if it was to the far left or far right instead of smack dab in the middle?

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Wait are we driving the same truck??
It is a big console IMO, unless you're used to whatever they call that massive mound the size of a city block between the seats of the F150.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Wait are we driving the same truck??
Yeah I'm not comparing it to an F150 or whatever else you're used too, but it is pretty big. It's almost too deep imo but I'll take the storage space. Granted, it is a little narrow up top.
Sponsored