There are many builds, but this one is mine.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking build! Random question for you... what's the height measurement on that side stripe Ranger decal? Looks about 4 inches? I may repurpose it somewhere else.
If I recall it was either 3" or 3.5" because to extend the graphic I had to order a roll of 4" matte black vinyl and trim its height. Those graphics were actually removed a week ago or I'd go measure it for you. Sorry. :(
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
That turned out good, beefy looking.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Build 2.0 is going to start tomorrow.

The rack is going to get a pretty big overhaul with some ideas I've started putting on paper.

I've also opened dialogue with an established off-road company, we will see where that goes.
Subed!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: oh wait, Im already subed.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Monday an order of four 56.5” and one 44.5” RCI panel(s) will be placed. The cost was far greater than I had hoped however the end result should justify the cost.

Rack 2.0 is going to have true lighting modularity unlike anything Ive seen on the market. Not only does this include auxiliary full flank and rear lighting but this also applies to things like marker lighting.

Imagine rotopax, but for light placement.

I will also be installing new rear rack sequential turn signal / brake module lights x2 on rack 2.0

These will not be sequential Led strips but actual fully sealed stand alone units.

Also on Monday I will be taking down the platform to begin deconstructing portions in preparation of the new components. A new sub-frame interface will be built that ties the top platform frame to the RCI bed rack in a more uniform manner.

Last edited:

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
Monday an order of four 56.5” and one 44.5” RCI panel(s) will be placed. The cost was far greater than I had hoped however the end result should justify the cost.

Rack 2.0 is going to have true lighting modularity unlike anything Ive seen on the market. Not only does this include auxiliary full flank and rear lighting but this also applies to things like marker lighting.

Imagine rotopax, but for light placement.

I will also be installing new rear rack sequential turn signal / brake module lights x2 on rack 2.0

These will not be sequential Led strips but actual fully sealed stand alone units.

Also on Monday I will be taking down the platform to begin deconstructing portions in preparation of the new components. A new sub-frame interface will be built that ties the top platform frame to the RCI bed rack in a more uniform manner.

Do you have a link for this company? A quick search did not yield anything other about audio equipment and condominiums.

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
Took the liberty to put a touch on your photo, as there is some really great detail on the finish of your Ranger project. Looking good.

Ranger Project  Feb 25th 2021 3-1.jpg

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
See if I can grab some progress picks sometime today. Yesterday afternoon and into the evening I got the rack tore down to its primary frame with just the grating platform. I took this opportunity to remove old wiring clips (3M backed zip tie squares) and install them under the frame uniformly. Before I kind of just stuck them where I could get access to because of the rack being already installed. I also plugged some old, now un-used, holes in the frame with ultra black gasket maker.

Ideally I would use some JB weld stick putty if these holes were going to be visible (then sand/repaint), but all of these holes will be hidden once re-installed so that seemed like a waste of time.

The very front frame support beam was removed and moved back about 8-10" and reinstalled. The front rack light bar installed like a glove in the support bars original location with the provided brackets. Once the side skirting is reinstalled it will completely hide the adjustment hex screws, but still be accessible by said hex tool. I just lucked out this idea fell into place like a boss with very little work (drill new mounting holes, plug old ones with gasket maker).

The unistrut floor framing was set aside as that component is being replaced by a new RCI panel system. I will probably re-purpose the unistrut pieces for my bed slide out system I will eventually build.

On the docket today:

- give the frame just a fresh coat of spray on enamel after a light scuffing just to address any small imperfections from my screws up while working on it (cause I am clumsy with a screw driver or ratchet sometimes). The outside skirts are going to get a "hammered" paint coat, then topped with a light coat of satin black and satin clear enamel. The last two steps are happening because every "hammered" black paint I've tested comes out more a dark gun metal color.

- while paint dries finish installing the newly designed sub-frame to bed rack interface. The remainder of the various rubber spacer/supports I ordered all came in yesterday.

Last edited:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Thats one heck of a tactical truck.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Thats one heck of a tactical truck.
I'm installing the rear chaff counter-measures next weekend. If all else fails it will confuse the hell out of whoever is tailgating me.

message-editor%2F1576881075869-insta.gif
Sponsored