There are many builds, but this one is mine.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Wiring is about halfway done today. I ended up using an unused robber gromment under the truck that comes up under the carpet driver side. Firewall grommet to much of a PITA. Actually the whole thing is a PITA, but Im learning something new.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Had a free moment to start toying with the factory decal and a roll of matte black vinyl I got in the other day. All Ive done so far is extend the black stripe from the door to the front fender well. I actually think it looks really good with the unpainted fender flare.

IMG-2543.jpg
That looks really good!

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
Not sure if I like the full length or previous version. What ya'll think?

IMG-2640.jpg

Edit: Ended up ripping the the extra off, didn't like it. Too sports car'ish.
Good call. I think the shorter version looks great. Would look good on my Race Red XLT.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so I bought a Boomba adapter for a great deal ($68 vs regular $90) so I could see if they sound was going to be annoying before spending money on an actual TurboSmart complete replacement.

Having never owned a turbo vehicle before this is one of the most addictive things ever. That "PSSHHHHH" sound makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning every single time. I was amazed even at highway speeds that sucker is pretty loud.

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.5 Ford Ranger XLT CPR
Occupation
Retired LEO/Retired Military/Doctoral Student
OFC RANGER:
When you removed the air dam did you do it to install the bull bar?
I purchased a Black Horse 3" bull bar (it matches the nerf bars and rear hitch step) and the instructions say to remove the front bolts on the skid plate and it appears the dam is in the way? Not that it affords (much) efficiency but to take it off it looks like it is fastened to every bracket, bumper, frame etc under the truck. Any suggestions?
BTW nice truck, ordered one in white and a week before it arrived I saw one in Chili pepper red and fell in love...

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
OFC RANGER:
When you removed the air dam did you do it to install the bull bar?
I purchased a Black Horse 3" bull bar (it matches the nerf bars and rear hitch step) and the instructions say to remove the front bolts on the skid plate and it appears the dam is in the way? Not that it affords (much) efficiency but to take it off it looks like it is fastened to every bracket, bumper, frame etc under the truck. Any suggestions?
BTW nice truck, ordered one in white and a week before it arrived I saw one in Chili pepper red and fell in love...
I have an XLT so no skid plates, our air dams are a little different than yours. To answer your question I don't know if it is required as mine was already removed. I did have to take off the tow-hooks. My bull bar did come with extra brackets if I had a skid plate, but since I dont they were just extra parts.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I like that bed rack but with my Ford tonneau cover it would be a no-go.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Rci makes adapters
I'm not sure those would work. The Ford tonneau cover that was offered when I ordered (and I had to wait for a couple of weeks after vehicle delivery to get it because supply wasn't ready yet) covers, and clamps to, the bed rails so when folding it up, it looks like it would not be able to get past the incline angle on the rack. I would have to call but I'm thinking that it would be a big fat no (as usual for me).

tonneau_closed.jpg

tonneau_up.jpg
tonneau_open.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
No pretty setup shots, but some better ones.

I have a 64" cargo basket coming in tomorrow which will be temporary till I get with a local metal fabricator to build me around a 100" long over the cab safari style cargo tray. Started planning on some perimeter lighting setups and looking to fabricate a mount for one of those telescopic aluminum ladders to go on one of the sides to drop down and give easy access to the top. May go with a marine style boarding ladder which is similar. Jack, rotopacks, roof storage, ARB awning, ARB awning tent, blah blah blah its all on the books.

IMG-2826.jpg

IMG-2823.jpg

IMG-2825.jpg
We’re you an Israeli Soldier, I had a friend who was. He was shot down in a helicopter in 1967.
Regards
Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
No I have never belonged to the IDF. Sorry to hear about your friend.
Yeah, he survived but paralyzed in his left leg, just noticed your battle armor... :)
Sponsored