The Dreaded Wrench Light Came On.

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Thanks Kristina. Boy you've had your share of codes. lol You've had no luck finding out what's causing yours?
First light was turbo cooler, changed with no issues.
Last issue with adBlue and DPF system, I went through all bureaucracy and learned everything I could. Dealer didn’t issue me an invoice as my Ranger was only 4 months old (or there was also effect of my job at competitive dealer, small country, don’t know) but they told Ford will probably reject this as warranty case. Didn’t get answer what was Ford’s final decision. Seller of adBlue gave me some of my requested certificates, not all, but refused to test my truck’s tank as I insisted.
Being in this business myself there are some situations which get solved but the real cause is never found. As no invoice on table it was dead end, but as I know laws well, adBlue seller and dealer both got pushed really good by me. Just in case as I have to do business with both of them in future also.
This was really shortly now and not all included ?
Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Dave, I see you have a reader but for others, or if you don't want to carry your reader with you. This works fine with an android phone and the Torque app. The app is free & the ELM is about 15-20$. (read / clear codes & more).
Iphone, good luck, as you need to buy both & what I bought never worked. If anyone has something similar that works with an iphone, please post.

1679450476079.png

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Dave, I see you have a reader but for others, or if you don't want to carry your reader with you. This works fine with an android phone and the Torque app. The app is free & the ELM is about 15-20$.
Iphone, good luck, as you need to buy both & what I bought never worked. If anyone has something similar that works with an iphone, please post.

1679450476079.png
Where did you get that?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
@AzScorpion While using the CC on those hills, did you manually lock out upper gears? I've used CC in the mountains of NC without issue, but I always lock out the upper gears, so that in the steep areas I'm maintaining 2.5-3.5k, even on the way down, sometimes on the way down really steep ones I'll lockout move gears and end up engine braking at 5k.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion While using the CC on those hills, did you manually lock out upper gears? I've used CC in the mountains of NC without issue, but I always lock out the upper gears, so that in the steep areas I'm maintaining 2.5-3.5k, even on the way down, sometimes on the way down really steep ones I'll lockout move gears and end up engine braking at 5k.
John, no I didn't have any gears locked out. I've made this same trip dozens of times but this is the first time using CC. I was tired (had insomnia the night before) and decided to try it out again. Now that you said that about maintaining higher rpm that way I do remember it didn't seem to drop down in gears while going up hill. I'm sure it dropped a gear (or two) but not enough to hear the engine race higher so I'm hoping the lugging caused this. Thx!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If I have CC set and start climbing a hill I drop it to sport mode.
I always use sport when we're up in the hills in Sedona or Jerome. I usually manual shift too because when defending I can control the braking better that way. The last time I used CC was over 2 years ago coming back from Vegas but it was a flat boring drive all the way back so no issue with hills.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I did call one local dealer yesterday and they want me to leave the truck for 5-7 days just so they can look at it. I said since when do you not make appointments and then just come in on that date? They said since covid (of course this is everyones excuse now) that they started this. Between the parts constraints and the lack of service techs this is how they do it now. When I called a different dealer last year for the HVAC box they told me the same thing. I hope it's a fluke thing because I don't know how they expect someone to leave their vehicle that long just to get looked at. Never mind once it diagnosed and it needs parts you could end up waiting even longer for those. :confused:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I just connected it and mine can read the codes. Looks like similar ones a few others were having and then it cleared up. Hopefully it's just the throttle valve sticking but strange that I never lost hp (no limp mode) and it didn't do it on the way back.

IMG_8383.jpg

IMG_8384.jpg
My guess is that the U0422 is because the BCM detects an unauthorized part on the tailgate. :crazy:

It's nice to hear that the Ford app alerts you, but it would be a whole lot better if it gave actual codes and possible problems/solutions like most code readers do.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I did call one local dealer yesterday and they want me to leave the truck for 5-7 days just so they can look at it. I said since when do you not make appointments and then just come in on that date? They said since covid (of course this is everyones excuse now) that they started this. Between the parts constraints and the lack of service techs this is how they do it now. When I called a different dealer last year for the HVAC box they told me the same thing. I hope it's a fluke thing because I don't know how they expect someone to leave their vehicle that long just to get looked at. Never mind once it diagnosed and it needs parts you could end up waiting even longer for those. :confused:
Hey Dave. Have you tried Sanderson in Glendale? Before we moved out of there last year, I was able to get appointments within a day or two of calling.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey Dave. Have you tried Sanderson in Glendale? Before we moved out of there last year, I was able to get appointments within a day or two of calling.
Not yet but I've heard they were great to deal with (both sales and service) and was going to call them today. Thx!!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
You're probably right about the steep hill. I was trying to read through some older threads where this happened to others and one (I can't remember who right now) said his went off while the CC was set going up a very steep hill too.

Yes we went to Los Algodones. We've been going there for about 12 years now and I have a really great dentist there. You can't beat the prices (and quality of work) especially when I don't have dental Insurance.
And I've got such a long way to go
To make it to the border of Mexico
So I'll ride like the wind