Terrain management upgrade?

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Hopefully they can help us get this sorted. I registered there and will try to help how I can. Let me know if my asbuilt and another similar FX4 to mine asbuilt will help. I have sifted through them to find the differences. Still trying to figure out what they mean.

You seem pretty active in helping to get this problem solved, @t4thfavor. In my internet searches on this I think I have found you had been there already making inquiries. Much appreciated. :like:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You'll see me be obsessed with it until 1. We get it right, or 2. We get definitive proof it cannot be done.

I've posted on every Ranger related Site I could find, several F150 threads, and a few times in the Forscan forum. Gotta get that word out. The more I post about it, the more people find their way here via Google searches.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
@t4thfavor, or others working on TC, have you seen this thread before? https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/adding-cruise-control-using-forscan.3310/

Possibly old news to you but thought I would toss it out there in case it stirred any ideas.

He gets cruise control activated on a non cruise control Ranger. Not sure if some of that info may be helpful in tracking down the Trail Control stuff. Some text may be a little hard to read if you have the dark grey background for the site. I just used the mouse to highlight it as if I was trying to copy / paste info.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@t4thfavor, or others working on TC, have you seen this thread before? https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/adding-cruise-control-using-forscan.3310/

Possibly old news to you but thought I would toss it out there in case it stirred any ideas.

He gets cruise control activated on a non cruise control Ranger. Not sure if some of that info may be helpful in tracking down the Trail Control stuff. Some text may be a little hard to read if you have the dark grey background for the site. I just used the mouse to highlight it as if I was trying to copy / paste info.
Seen it, I believe he was working with saeb as well. I pm’d the user to see where he found the workshop manual with the layout diagram. He told me he paid the 20$ for the motor craft subscription 72 hours and found it in there. It might help, but I’m not good enough to find anything useful in 72 hours and I’m not rich enough for the longer subscriptions.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So saeb says that he would change everything in the ABS module (except vin) to values from a donor truck (such as mine posted above).

Backup the ABT file from the target truck first though.

If you have "trouble" unhook the battery and the ABS module will reset.

The 165 codes are a red herring caused by the second truck running an old PCM version. All newer trucks, or trucks with a newer flash will have the 165 codes.

Next he would start looking for options in the IPC.

I think if we (the collective we) could source two XL trim Ranger ab files (one FX4 and one not) that would help considerably. Lets try to find two that ((probably)) haven't been screwed around with yet.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So saeb says that he would change everything in the ABS module (except vin) to values from a donor truck (such as mine posted above).

Backup the ABT file from the target truck first though.

If you have "trouble" unhook the battery and the ABS module will reset.

The 165 codes are a red herring caused by the second truck running an old PCM version. All newer trucks, or trucks with a newer flash will have the 165 codes.

Next he would start looking for options in the IPC.

I think if we (the collective we) could source two XL trim Ranger ab files (one FX4 and one not) that would help considerably. Lets try to find two that ((probably)) haven't been screwed around with yet.
Yeah, I figured the difference in 165 codes were explainable but there is also a considerable difference in 726 codes too. Still, I don't think either are related to the TC functioning.

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
@t4thfavor So I did some research today for some XL Vin's and I found the following two VINS for trucks on dealers lots in my area. Maybe these will help with our search?

1FTER4FH7LLA35119 - XL FX4 (STX)
1FTER4FH5LLA35121 - XL Non-FX4 (Locking Diff)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@t4thfavor So I did some research today for some XL Vin's and I found the following two VINS for trucks on dealers lots in my area. Maybe these will help with our search?

Got it, I’ll pull the asbuilts and send them to saeb.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Neither of those VIN numbers comes back on the AsBuilt page. I'm not sure why, but they both come back with 0 entries of any kind.

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting I will have to see if I can find some other vin's with as built information.
Neither of those VIN numbers comes back on the AsBuilt page. I'm not sure why, but they both come back with 0 entries of any kind.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put them here first. If anything comes back at the bottom of the screen, then they are good.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Else my guess is somebody didn't do something right when they got put on the website.

This one is XL 4x4 comes back with asBuilt data from the motorcraft site.
1FTER4FH8LLA05708 XL 4x4 no locker

Last edited:

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Put them here first. If anything comes back at the bottom of the screen, then they are good.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Else my guess is somebody didn't do something right when they got put on the website.

This one is XL 4x4 comes back with asBuilt data from the motorcraft site.
1FTER4FH8LLA05708 XL 4x4 no locker
Okay I looked for a few more and here are two XL's 2020MY with Asbuilt data:
1FTER1FH8LLA28243 - XL FX4
1FTER4FH5LLA23437 - XL Non-FX4 (Locking Diff)

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Thanks @WhiteLightning19, the second set of VIN numbers have data in them. The first set did not for me and I wondered if it was a bad connection between myself and the motorcraft site.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @WhiteLightning19, the second set of VIN numbers have data in them. The first set did not for me and I wondered if it was a bad connection between myself and the motorcraft site.
I sent all this over to Saeb, I'm also looking at them myself (lots of good that will do).

Looking at the two AsBuilts for the XL, against my XLT, mine and the other FX4 have this block in common.
760-02-01
0505-0A03-0283

Everyone should check that block on their AB file and see if all the FX4's have the same value, and all the no FX4's have something different.

-Chance
Sponsored

Last edited: