First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean "lock out gears?"
While in drive press the plus or minus button on your shifter and you will see your number gears show up on the gauges it will start with all of them listed up to 10 and then by hitting the minus button it takes it to nine and what this effectively tells the system is use only gears going through nine so if you keep deducting gears say down to six gears it will only use six if you want to add them back just hit the plus button if you want to go back into normal mode once you get back up to 10 gears hit plus one more time sorry this is a big run-on sentence but it is talked to text
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
While in drive press the plus or minus button on your shifter and you will see your number gears show up on the gauges it will start with all of them listed up to 10 and then by hitting the minus button it takes it to nine and what this effectively tells the system is use only gears going through nine so if you keep deducting gears say down to six gears it will only use six if you want to add them back just hit the plus button if you want to go back into normal mode once you get back up to 10 gears hit plus one more time sorry this is a big run-on sentence but it is talked to text
All this without going into Sport mode?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yes regular D
Another bonus is while in drive and you drop it into sport mode it downshifts one gear (where ever you are presently) and then punch it! Up shift as the revs get up. So there is quite a few options to control shifting

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Sometimes I fail to use my turn signal too.

Did I mention that my tires stick a little bit past my wheel wells which is also a violation of law.

On occasion my music is also probably loud enough to hear from a hundred feet away. Again a violation of the law.

If you're not understanding my point by now then I can't help you and you are free to think what you want those with critical thinking will understand that police officers are not robots.

If your moral sand in the ground is 14 mph over the limit on open interstates then your bar is set pretty low and you might want to reconsider where you want that bar set in connection to reality instead of Fantasyland. By your attitude it sounds like if an officer goes 3 mph over the limit well gosh darn it he's in violation of the law and that ain't right. I mean really?
My "moral sand in the ground" is follow the law., especially if you're a police officer. Seems like you should be saying that to folks, and not the other way around.

We're talking about you stating that you routinely drive 15 mph over the speed limit, not 3 mph. Make all the excuses you want and point to minor infractions to back your play. That's called spin.

You write about "reality and Fantasyland".
  • The reality is what your doing is unlawful and you swore to uphold the law.
  • And it's not fantasy land to expect you to follow the oath you took.
It's the same stuff that's going on in Washington, you're part of the problem.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
My "moral sand in the ground" is follow the law., especially if you're a police officer. Seems like you should be saying that to folks, and not the other way around.

We're talking about you stating that you routinely drive 15 mph over the speed limit, not 3 mph. Make all the excuses you want and point to minor infractions to back your play. That's called spin.

You write about "reality and Fantasyland".
  • The reality is what your doing is unlawful and you swore to uphold the law.
  • And it's not fantasy land to expect you to follow the oath you took.
It's the same stuff that's going on in Washington, you're part of the problem.
Haha this guy. You've committed multiple fallacies at this point. Incorrect claims, appeal to emotion, false equivilancies, and a slew of others.

Boring.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Haha this guy. You've committed multiple fallacies at this point. Incorrect claims, appeal to emotion, false equivilancies, and a slew of others.

Boring.
Whatever you say officer. It's all there where you wrote it, in black and white.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever you say officer. It's all there where you wrote it, in black and white.
Yup and in your blind quest to scream " ha! Gotcha! " You fail to to use God's gift of critical thinking.

In your mind me traveling at 14 mph over the limit on an interstate (for which I have never cited anyone for on even a city / county road in my whole career) is the moral equivilancy of corrupted government, lying, theft, and God knows what else. That is intellectual bankruptcy. Do you even know what a logical fallacy is?

I've entertained this bafoonery enough. I apologize to everyone else for the minor hijack. But even Frenchy's trolling is more enjoyable than this. /Click

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Because of the class action law suit for the way Ford computed the fuel mileage on the Dyno I have been keeping a spreadsheet on my fuel usage. I have a 2019 XLT super cab and recorded it since April 2019 to date. I do not drive the truck hard and more city driving than highway. My totals to date are 13129 miles, 571.071 gallons of mostly 87 octane fuel used. That calculates out to 22.99 mpg or 23 mpg. I also record the mpg reading on the truck and it is usually off a bit from the calculated amount partially because I often fill up at half a tank.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yup and in your blind quest to scream " ha! Gotcha! " You fail to to use God's gift of critical thinking.

In your mind me traveling at 14 mph over the limit on an interstate (for which I have never cited anyone for on even a city / county road in my whole career) is the moral equivilancy of corrupted government, lying, theft, and God knows what else. That is intellectual bankruptcy. Do you even know what a logical fallacy is?

I've entertained this bafoonery enough. I apologize to everyone else for the minor hijack. But even Frenchy's trolling is more enjoyable than this. /Click
The corruption in government all started with one guy in a position of power, who took an oath, then didn't follow it, getting caught, and then making excuses and deflecting what he did onto others.

You're part of the problem, not the solution.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Yes regular D
Damn! That has to be the coolest thing I have learned on this forum. I don't know how this affects mileage, but even if I don't lock out gears, I love seeing what gear I am in. I don't remember seeing this in the owner's manual. Thanks!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure that OFC will whip out his badge if he ever gets pulled over. Privileges'. You should click off before you are recognized.
I will agree that your training does make you a much better high speed driver than the average. But, I think that it would be better if you didnt brag about it.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure that OFC will whip out his badge if he ever gets pulled over. Privileges'. You should click off before you are recognized.
Well it took longer than I expected, but there it is.

Did you know some restaurants give first responders free food? Some gas stations give free coffee and fountain drinks? There is an entire program by GLOCK for first responders to buy guns at a far cheaper price than retail.

200.gif

I will agree that your training does make you a much better high speed driver than the average. But, I think that it would be better if you didnt brag about it.
Actually most EVOC classes are a joke. Drive through some cones, back up through some cones, negotiate some cones. I'd venture to say most people who do auto-cross or some other form of road racing are better trained. The more important question is this; In what world have people lived their entire lives where they think an additional 14 MPH on an open interstate somehow places the driver into some high risk scenerio of life and death? You guys do realize there are 85 MPH roads in the country right?

Brag? I posted a gas mileage difference (relative to the thread) and someone else felt the need to go down the rabbit hole of my job.

All your pent up aggression should be focused on the real enemy of the roads, the guy who travels in the left lane on the highway. "I'm going the speed limit so you don't need to get by me" or the truck driver who decides to pass at the bottom of a hill so he can have a 1mph drag race with the other tractor trailer for the next 5 miles.

Priorities in life. Some of ya'll need em. lol

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Well it took longer than I expected, but there it is.

Actually most EVOC classes are a joke. Drive through some cones, back up through some cones, negotiate some cones. I'd venture to say most people who do auto-cross or some other form of road racing are better trained. The more important question is this; In what world have people lived their entire lives where they think an additional 14 MPH on an open interstate somehow places the driver into some high risk scenerio of life and death? You guys do realize there are 85 MPH roads in the country right?

Brag? I posted a gas mileage difference (relative to the thread) and someone else felt the need to go down the rabbit hole of my job.

All your pent up aggression should be focused on the real enemy of the roads, the guy who travels in the left lane on the highway. "I'm going the speed limit so you don't need to get by me" or the truck driver who decides to pass at the bottom of a hill so he can have a 1mph drag race with the other tractor trailer.

Priorities in life. Some of ya'll need em. lol
Let's talk priorities, shall we?

"I solemnly swear to uphold the laws of........"

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Let's talk priorities, shall we?

"I solemnly swear to uphold the laws of........"
You are free to open dialogue with me in a private message if you have questions or concerns. I don't think the members or moderators will probably be entertaining the conversation shenanigans this has devolved into much longer.
Sponsored