SuperCab Rangers are Rare Here, How About Your Location?

SuperCab vs SuperCrew What are you seeing where you live?

• Total voters

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I also wanted the longer bed, and since the Ranger is my daily driver and the kids are grown up the scab was my choice. There was a white Lariat and my XLT chili pepper scab on the lot. I was going to buy the Lariat, but couldn’t resist the red! I haven’t seen another scab on the road around here yet, and only a few Rangers period. Very pleased with my truck.
Sponsored

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was trying to find a super cab here in northern New Mexico & ended up with a dealer in Dalhart, Texas.

Biggest problem was the lead time quote of from 8-12 weeks for delivery. Wanted the longer bed, XL, 4X4, tow package & cruise only. It was impossible to find locally & they were very rare (looked in New Mexico, Colorado, Utah & Nevada at the time). I would have flown to pick one up if I could have found what I wanted. Was lucky to have found the loaded XLT with 400 miles on it, so the order wasn't a good option for us. Hard to find a good basic truck now!

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I'd guess most or all of the optioned out scabs are special orders. At least Ford still lets us do that.
Yeah, you get all of the factory incentives as well, they don't penalize you because it's not off the lot. The dealer even gave us their own discounts that they were giving to off-the-lot sales at the time, so there was no penalty for ordering it. At least some things haven't changed ;) There are probably periods where you can't get as good of a price ordering, though, like during a model year change when the dealers are trying to get rid of older stock and the factory is only taking new model year orders.

I just met another Ranger owner from San Diego at a trail head this morning here in northern Cal. His was also a SuperCab XLT, and he also had to order it. For a while there were two 2019 SuperCab XLTs parked next to each other at a trailhead with only a dozen cars! His wasn't Saber, though ;)

Last edited:

RangerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Vehicle Showcase
Have yet to see another one around canton and Marietta. The dealer had one on the lot about a month ago so there must be at least one.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Outside of the one sitting in my driveway, I've only seen a few others. Like less than 5 not counting mine. So mostly SuperCrews in this area. But I do pass a silver SuperCab Lariat at a house I pass on my way to work. Pretty cool to see another one almost every workday.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Can't say they are rare but I see more 4 doors than the 2 doors but I do notice a lot of commercial companies using mostly 2 doors and few 4 doors. It's about 60% 4doors and 40% 2doors.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
I'm in San Jose, Ca. Haven't seen a single Supercab other than my own up here and have only seen one Crew on the road...a white one. I haven't been actively looking at the dealership inventories up here but the random eyeball hasn't spotted one on any of the area dealerships that I have driven passed. Mine was a special order placed in mid November 2018.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I keep searching a 100 mile radius and let me tell ya, it's tough. If you want a 101a-301a 4x2...there's quite a few. But a 302a 4x4 Scab w/locker, No find.

Edit: Found it. Only have to go 50mi for a test drive. Not bad. May have to change my avatar to magnetic if they make me an offer I can't refuse.

Last edited:

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
In my area, I pretty much see a super cab every day. A beautiful Lariat hot pepper red sitting in the garage :)

I had to factory order it in March, delivered early June.

Yesterday I drove through the local dealership and for the first time saw two Rangers in the lot. Both super crews. Surprisingly, one of them was hot pepper red.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Here it is like 1 super cab vs 3 crew..

Not hard to get here, there are always a few on the lots.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I live in South Jersey outside of Philadelphia and I have only seen 4 other Rangers in the wild and all were crewcab.

Rescue Ranger

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 1998 Ranger supercab 4.0 4X4 xlt
In the Baltimore area I've only seen a few SCREW's and one SCAB. The dealers seam to stock SCREW's the one SCAB was a bed delete, white, another dealer had only SCREW's, and a third had a XLT SCAB in blue the rest were...... you guessed it SCREW's

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
Other than my scab I've only seen one other Ranger & that was a crew.
Al
Sponsored