First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Got to say, the supercab is better looking because of the balanced proportions. I just needed the extra room in the cab.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
If they do delete the Scab then mine will become an instant collector's item, thus going up in value by at least 100%.
Since it's a 2021 Lariat with factory LED's, it will appreciate by at least another 25%....
So, first one that comes up with around $125,000.00.....it's yours !!! :thumbsup:

Northwet Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
Occupation
Quality Assurance
I still love our SCAB. I've been slacking on posting but we towed our 4000-4500 pound small toyhauler to Boise, no sweat. Some of the rough roads do talk back to you when you have 4 axles bouncing through it, have to say, but climbing passing braking, absolutely no issue. Pulled our new tandem electric bike and did OK. Boise is pretty flat. Also enjoyed a stop over in Oregon by the Columbia but the fires and smoke were intense. Had a fire less than a half mile from the RV park dumping some ash on us but the awesome first responders put it out. Can't imagine not having this truck.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
My buddy's have been riding with me more lately. They don't dig the supercab but I still do! I didn't think anyone would ever ride back there but it works in a bind. If it's one person they can sit sideways like the old jump seat rangers.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
My buddy's have been riding with me more lately. They don't dig the supercab but I still do! I didn't think anyone would ever ride back there but it works in a bind. If it's one person they can sit sideways like the old jump seat rangers.
I agree, but dogs and groceries very nice.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Next year, you won't be able to get an F-150 SuperCab in the Lariat.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2023-ford-f-150-lariat-to-drop-super-cab-configuration/
I hear you John but I’m not surprised - Scab Lariat 5g Rangers were never offered in Canada - Ford seems to really work their sales numbers and the full 4-door version of trucks seems to be the norm now. The XLT trim and Scabs seem to be more of a “work truck” thing. As a contractor, I prefer a Scab (bed length) and I really couldn’t see myself putting those nice Lariat seats through the beating I would deliver. It all makes sense to me and trucks are becoming daily drivers. Sometimes, they’re the only vehicle in the household.

Funny, back in the day, Crew Cabs were seen as such odd looking trucks that only construction companies had them in their fleets - you know, a work truck thing. Nowadays, they’re ubiquitous. I never figured that would happen.

Last edited:

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Funny, back in the day, Crew Cabs were seen as such odd looking trucks that only construction companies had them in their fleets - you know, a work truck thing. Nowadays, they’re ubiquitous. I never figured that would happen.
Funny that, indeed. The reality is that after SUVs started morphing into smaller "crossovers" starting about 20 years ago, people still wanted the larger truck-like vehicles and Crew Cabs became the new SUV.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I hear you John but I’m not surprised - Scab Lariat 5g Rangers were never offered in Canada - Ford seems to really work their sales numbers and the full 4-door version of trucks seems to be the norm now. The XLT trim and Scabs seem to be more of a “work truck” thing. As a contractor, I prefer a Scab (bed length) and I really couldn’t see myself putting those nice Lariat seats through the beating I would deliver. It all makes sense to me and trucks are becoming daily drivers. Sometimes, they’re the only vehicle in the household.

The first super cab I remember was my brother's old 70's dodge. I thought it was ugly an I still prefer the look of regular cab trucks but they have grown on me. He worked at Ford but bought the dodge because it was the only super cab he could find.

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.