SuperCab Love

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
I haven't even signed the papers on mine and I was thinking the same thing about the Hankook tires. Are yours needing replacement or are you just wanting bigger tires on it? What are you looking at installing? Great photos BTW. What kind of topper is that?
Leer XR topper. Just want to bump up the stance a bit with the taller tire. Like alot of folks here have said, a 265 70 tire seems like a perfect fit for stock/ a mildly stronger stance. Hankooks are fine on the highway...only a few short trips on gravel with them. Not wanting to risk a puncture on longer trips on gravel and off road so I figure I'll give a set of the Nokian Outpost AT a try when the Hankooks are worn or when I encounter my slush fund.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't even signed the papers on mine and I was thinking the same thing about the Hankook tires. Are yours needing replacement or are you just wanting bigger tires on it? What are you looking at installing? Great photos BTW. What kind of topper is that?
Top photo looks like the Leer XR model - bottom one looks like the Leer BC Parks Hut model. ;)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Like that feature too! :thumbsup:

Brighter image.jpg
Power Grips!

Paul, those take me WAY back. I had a pair of those some time in the mid-nineties. They were great but I ditched them for clipless pedals when they came onto the market. Those Power Grips really worked well for such a simple design. ?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Power Grips!

Paul, those take me WAY back. I had a pair of those some time in the mid-nineties. They were great but I ditched them for clipless pedals when they came onto the market. Those Power Grips really worked well for such a simple design. ?
Thanks Duke.
Power Grips have great reviews. I chose them because from my research toe straps are considered the easiest devices to get out of (if you have them adjusted on the looser side) if you get into a bind . For the sake of safety, I don't want to have my shoes locked onto the pedals if I drop the bike. What do you think?

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Duke.
Power Grips have great reviews. I chose them because from my research toe straps are considered the easiest devices to get out of (if you have them adjusted on the looser side) if you get into a bind . For the sake of safety, I don't want to have my shoes locked onto the pedals if I drop the bike. What do you think?
Safety first - they are much better than the bike pedal “rat traps” that would have you locked in tight until you could pull up on the strap to get free - sometimes done while laying on your side, bleeding. ?

60C5100C-FC8C-432B-9919-AED8E3EFFD35.jpeg

The Power Grips are super easy to get into and torque your shoe tight to the pedal. The action to get out of the Power Grips is similar to the twisting motion for getting out of clipless pedals. So, they’re as easy as clipless pedals but cheaper - you don’t need special shoes and can use them with sneakers or hikers.

I prefer clipless pedals, which also don’t lock you onto the pedal - you easily twist to pop out of the pedal and the exit angle is super small - it’s a bit like a miniature ski binding.

Ask me how I know… ?

120A8C21-6FEE-48C1-9F80-4480559B499A.jpeg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I really like the scab suicide rear doors for ease of loading gear behind the front seats
20221002_185435.jpg
Same here, easy to load Cheech into his custom area back there! =)

2stroke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger Black Scab XLT FX4, 06 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Auto mechanic, retired
Same here, easy to load Cheech into his custom area back there! =)
Let's hear more about your dog fitting the space in the rear seat area. I don't think my dog, an Australian Cattle dog will fit comfortably at 55 lbs.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Let's hear more about your dog fitting the space in the rear seat area. I don't think my dog, an Australian Cattle dog will fit comfortably at 55 lbs.
My wife's 110 pound boxer/bulldog fits just fine with her 70 pound pitty. they have plenty room. the wife says she has room for 1 more dog. I say hell NO!!!

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
My 100+ lb Bernese Mountain dog fits in the back of my Supercab, but....I did remove the back seat bottoms, and make a platform that covers the entire back area.
1665064200894.png

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
My 100+ lb Bernese Mountain dog fits in the back of my Supercab, but....I did remove the back seat bottoms, and make a platform that covers the entire back area.
1665064200894.png
What I don't like about your setup,, is you need to pull it out to assess the storage doors. It that correct?

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
What I don't like about your setup,, is you need to pull it out to assess the storage doors. It that correct?
That is correct, although I've seen some put access hatches on their platforms. To be honest, I haven't needed to access the storage bins once since installing the platform, so no biggy for me.
Sponsored