OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I agree Paul, I bought my first truck in 1985, a used '79 F-250 with about a million miles, when I couldn't even get a new TV home. I tried going without a truck in 2018. That lasted about 1 1/2 years. :)
I'm with you. Use to think that trucks were only good for hauling and utility use. But since becoming an owner I'm in it for the long haul (pun intended) and my theme has changed...

1621954181151.png

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
You will not regret getting a Truck :). I had cars most of my life and then bought my 1st Truck to tow a boat and really began to appreciate its all around convenience. You can haul stuff when you need to and then get into the cab and use it like a car. A 4X4 is nice if you need it to get out of a weather or road condition problem or go off-roading. This Ranger is my 4th Truck and the best I've every had! I can't see myself ever getting anything but a...you guessed it...a Truck ? . Enjoy your new ride!

Thank you! I had two trucks before, just not brand new. A 1990 F150 with the 300ci straight 6 cyl, 2wd stick-shift I had for 12 years, and a 2002 Dodge 1500 4wd for 14 years. I'm looking forward to having a truck again.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Thank you! I had two trucks before, just not brand new. A 1990 F150 with the 300ci straight 6 cyl, 2wd stick-shift I had for 12 years, and a 2002 Dodge 1500 4wd for 14 years. I'm looking forward to having a truck again.
Sorry, I didn't realize that :frown:. You are already an experienced trucker so you know what I was trying to get across :like:
1621966576666.png

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Started a rear seat delete, just need to finish the bottom but got too lazy. Also put on some seat covers to break up the ocean of black.
20210612_175201.jpg
Those are nice looking covers. What are they? I have stone interior, but those look good.

Reactions: Doc

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Those are nice looking covers. What are they? I have stone interior, but those look good.
Hi Tom_C,

Thanks, They are made by a company called Coverking. Black with silver inlay, material is called "spacer mesh".

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Hi Tom_C,

Thanks, They are made by a company called Coverking. Black with silver inlay, material is called "spacer mesh".
I was having a hard time finding my preferred stone color, but finally found it. I'm going to look at those covers though. Thanks.

Reactions: Doc

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
I was having a hard time finding my preferred stone color, but finally found it. I'm going to look at those covers though. Thanks.
They seem like they are made pretty well, but there were no directions with them. It was a pain to buckle the straps under the seats, but after tightening them they fit pretty tight.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Finished my seat delete project this morning (with t
20210613_100947.jpg
he wife stitching around the edges and openings for the seat belt buckles). I wanted the seat loops and seat belts exposed for securing items. Quadruple layers of felt fabric are layered under most of it for help with sound reduction. After years of being around Harley's with straight pipes, Mack truck with no mufflers, large construction equipment, being in bands and my first marriage of 20 years, I'm so used to noise it doesn't faze me anyway.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
20210613_100947.jpg
he wife stitching around the edges and openings for the seat belt buckles). I wanted the seat loops and seat belts exposed for securing items. Quadruple layers of felt fabric are layered under most of it for help with sound reduction. After years of being around Harley's with straight pipes, Mack truck with no mufflers, large construction equipment, being in bands and my first marriage of 20 years, I'm so used to noise it doesn't faze me anyway.
Nice rear seat delete! what kind of fabric is that?

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Nice rear seat delete! what kind of fabric is that?
Thanks. The fabric is felt from a fabric store, with velcro sewn into some areas of the edges.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
20210613_100947.jpg
Looking good. :)

I custom ordered mine last year with the factory rear seat delete. We're empty nesters and the wife's Escape has rear seats if the need ever arises.

The factory Supercab rear seats are pretty much useless, in my opinion, and I wanted the sportiest Ranger possible. A little extra storage space behind the seats is a bonus.

I have the Ford Performance/Borla exhaust and I don't notice any additional noise. My previous vehicle was a 2001 Bullitt GT that had a fairly loud factory exhaust, complete with drone at 45-50 MPH, so the Ranger sounds very, very tame in comparison.

IMG_20201006_190443599_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Looking good. :)

I custom ordered mine last year with the factory rear seat delete. We're empty nesters and the wife's Escape has rear seats if the need ever arises.

The factory Supercab rear seats are pretty much useless, in my opinion, and I wanted to sportiest Ranger possible. A little extra storage space behind the seats is bonus.

I have the Ford Performance/Borla exhaust and I don't notice any additional noise. My previous vehicle was a 2001 Bullitt GT that had a fairly loud factory exhaust, complete with drone at 45-50 MPH, so the Ranger sounds very, very tame in comparison.

IMG_20201006_190443599_HDR.jpg
All extended cabs are basically 2 seaters, but I do occasionally (very) need to tote another human so I leave mine in. But, how did you remove the rear seatbacks? I removed the bolt at the top, but I tugged and pulled and never could get them out. What's the trick?
Sponsored