• Safety aids performing in unsafe way

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Body lean

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Infotainment issues

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Panel fitment

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Squishy and inconsistent brakes (subjective)

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have had weird/rough transmission shifting issues. Got the PCM update and now transmission is fine.

I'm on 3,100 miles so far, and since I also got the 8 year warranty I won't worry about other problems until it expires.
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I have had weird/rough transmission shifting issues. Got the PCM update and now transmission is fine.

I'm on 3,100 miles so far, and since I also got the 8 year warranty so I won't worry about other problems until it expires.
My transmission acted crazy at first....no problems now..

16fieSTa

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
We picked up our Ranger on Wednesday. Put 850 miles on it on rural Utah roads this weekend; about 350 of those were unimproved dirt/gravel/ two track trails. Everything from 2mph crawl up deeply rutted, rocky, 20 degree slopes to 60 on well-graded gravel, to 85 on the interstate (God bless our 80mph speed limits lol). So far, I'm very, very happy. Yes, the brake pedal could be much better, but it's no worse than many other trucks I've driven (minus the colorado; the brakes are the ONLY thing I liked about the zr2 I test drove). And when I first started playing with the driver assists, I noticed it took a literal minute for both the blind spot monitor and the lane keeping assist to function well. Not sure if they have to self-calibrate or something. Both seem to work consistently well now. No other issues, and over those 850 miles, I came to truly appreciate how thoughtful Ford was in the implementation of all of these fancy features. They don't just work, they work well and are unobtrusive.

Tl;Dr version: my only regret is that I stayed on that same fence so long myself. This truck impressed me about a hundred different ways this past weekend and I love it so far!

Reactions: Ric

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

I'm on 3,100 miles so far, and since I also got the 8 year warranty so I won't worry about other problems until it expires.
Me too...

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

I hate to admit I don’t know, but what is PCM?

OP
OP
mike

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Thanks for all of the vote and comment participation. Very useful. It appears, thus far anyway, that folks are having an overwhelmingly good experience with the truck. Hope everyone has been truthful with responses. As I said...good or bad, it's all useful information.

Certain issues...easily fixed issues... I have no problem with, but if certain major systems are going to be prone to problems that can't or are difficult to be fixed/diagnosed, then that's a concern. As I mentioned before, transmission issues in the Colorado is what took that truck out of the running. So far (on this forum anyway), the new Ranger appears to be fairly solid and that was the point of the poll.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Thanks for all of the vote and comment participation. Very useful. It appears, thus far anyway, that folks are having an overwhelmingly good experience with the truck. Hope everyone has been truthful with responses. As I said...good or bad, it's all useful information.

Certain issues...easily fixed issues... I have no problem with, but if certain major systems are going to be prone to problems that can't or are difficult to be fixed/diagnosed, then that's a concern. As I mentioned before, transmission issues in the Colorado is what took that truck out of the running. So far (on this forum anyway), the new Ranger appears to be fairly solid and that was the point of the poll.
Do you think that someone would be more likely to lie about a good experience than a bad one?

Probably about a wash,... some folks just have to find something to complain about, and some folks prefer to ignore minor inconveniences.
Overall, the complaints are usually a little louder.
My read is, as you say ... most folks are having a good experience with the new Ranger, at least AFTER delivery.

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Squishy brakes, and the TV in the dash freezes once in a while up I love it.

Reactions: Doc

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
5000 miles in ... xlt with technology package that includes navigation and adaptive cruise control .. very happy .. bought it off dealer lot feb 15 .. tge I phone crashes the sync now and again .. the reboot fix I found in the manual and here ..oh mine is fx4 ... so we ate in mountains right now .. adaptive cruise is awesome .. it actually hold gears and uses transmission to maintain speeds going downhill .. just discovered that ... ranger is tge best midsize truck .. I shopped hard .. Colorado zr2s are blowing torque converters .. my gas mileage better than those or Tacoma’s .. my seat is awesome much better than Tacoma .. my frustrations? .. no grab handle on drivers side .. if you want wider tire than 265 gotta buy new wheels. F 150 wheels are 6 on 135 .. rangers are 6 on 139.7 .. just enough different to not work .. I’ve had rangers before .. this is a lot of truck .. I also have a 2018 f 150 .. so on this ranger I’m doing things I’ve never done with a truck before .. I’m spending money on wheels and accessories and customizing it ... cuz I like it !!! All other cares and trucks I was meh? This truck is cool !! Unless you get a full sized truck .. tge ranger is the best of the bunch if the midsized stuff

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Cold feet?????

Just the opposite. I am stoked that there are no major issues.
And once mine is built, It will not have shift issues, seat issues, panel fitment issues, etc. Etc. Etc.

And pretty dang confided that there will be no injector issue by then as well.

Main reason I waited until May 1 to place my factory order. Wait to the kinks are out.

Probably waited too long, but I am mostly an idiot. Just ask my wife.

Reactions: Ric

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have bought quite a few cars in my day and never gave it a second thought. For the most part never had any problems.

This time is different. I ordered a truck and will have waited almost 6 months. The problem is now all if the problems are getting reported and there seem to be many.

-Squishy, i consistent breaking (technically a feature)
-Various transmission issues
-Various CELs
-discolored panels
-Body leaning
-electronic /infotainment issues
-safety aids acting in an unsafe way
and others...

Granted, people generally only post negative things but the members here represent a small subset of the current and growing Ranger owners. So, I am curious how many are having problems. Have you had enough to say "If I had to do it over again, I would choose differently"?

I have 2 to 3 weeks to decide if I should pull the plug.

Minor issues.. easily fixable don't bother me, but I am reading more and more issues that are worrying. I can spend 20 bucks on a bottle of Jack and get a headache for 1 day. Dont need to spend 38k for a headache that never ends.

Lets keep the discussion or problems solving for other threads. Just post your issue(s) or lack of and whether or not you would do it again.
You left out fuel in the oil issues on your poll. I'd like to see how many of us have it.