• Safety aids performing in unsafe way

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Body lean

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Infotainment issues

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Panel fitment

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Squishy and inconsistent brakes (subjective)

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I have bought quite a few cars in my day and never gave it a second thought. For the most part never had any problems.

This time is different. I ordered a truck and will have waited almost 6 months. The problem is now all if the problems are getting reported and there seem to be many.

-Squishy, i consistent breaking (technically a feature)
-Various transmission issues
-Various CELs
-discolored panels
-Body leaning
-electronic /infotainment issues
-safety aids acting in an unsafe way
and others...

Granted, people generally only post negative things but the members here represent a small subset of the current and growing Ranger owners. So, I am curious how many are having problems. Have you had enough to say "If I had to do it over again, I would choose differently"?

I have 2 to 3 weeks to decide if I should pull the plug.

Minor issues.. easily fixable don't bother me, but I am reading more and more issues that are worrying. I can spend 20 bucks on a bottle of Jack and get a headache for 1 day. Dont need to spend 38k for a headache that never ends.

Lets keep the discussion or problems solving for other threads. Just post your issue(s) or lack of and whether or not you would do it again.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I technically have the "lean", but I don't notice it. Other than that, I have a little over 800 miles now and no issues. I LOVE the truck. I have ZERO buyers remorse. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
mike

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I technically have the "lean", but I don't notice it. Other than that, I have a little over 800 miles now and no issues. I LOVE the truck. I have ZERO buyers remorse. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Good to know and i hope you have continued good experiences.

Hope more owners participate. Good or bad it is all useful information.

BeijingBeef

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Ive got 7000 miles on my Ranger now, I bought the truck January 27th. I did its first oil myself alittle over 5000 miles. The truck has had zero issues (knock on wood). In fact its the best vehicle Ive ever driven. Drove down to a wedding this weekend in Naples FL and got 26.9 miles to the gallon, ya cant beat that. Every vehicle will have issues, but I dont think you have anything to worry about. Now if mass recalls start to be issued then ill take back my statement.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Ive has one blown speaker, which some people may throw a fit about but that doesnā€™t bother me at all, quick and easy fix and doesnā€™t involve drivetrain. Otherwise, my truck has been absolutely amazing. I tuned it at 4000 miles and itā€™s still running great so I have zero reliability concerns at this point.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
My seat belt stopped working. Truck is in the shop waiting for the part. Unless there's a rash of those I'll chalk it up to weird supplier fluke.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Mine won't be two weeks old til Monday. Perfect so far. I took a two hundred mile drive on mostly country back roads last week got 22.5 mpg on a brand new truck. I know it will improve with break in. I love this truck.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I have bought quite a few cars in my day and never gave it a second thought. For the most part never had any problems.

This time is different. I ordered a truck and will have waited almost 6 months. The problem is now all if the problems are getting reported and there seem to be many.

-Squishy, i consistent breaking (technically a feature)
-Various transmission issues
-Various CELs
-discolored panels
-Body leaning
-electronic /infotainment issues
-safety aids acting in an unsafe way
and others...

Granted, people generally only post negative things but the members here represent a small subset of the current and growing Ranger owners. So, I am curious how many are having problems. Have you had enough to say "If I had to do it over again, I would choose differently"?

I have 2 to 3 weeks to decide if I should pull the plug.

Minor issues.. easily fixable don't bother me, but I am reading more and more issues that are worrying. I can spend 20 bucks on a bottle of Jack and get a headache for 1 day. Dont need to spend 38k for a headache that never ends.

Lets keep the discussion or problems solving for other threads. Just post your issue(s) or lack of and whether or not you would do it again.
Pick any forum on any product! Same thing
I own the best Fiberglass trailer on the market (15 years now)
I belong to a forum for fiberglass trailers.
I solve the minor problems and make repairs on them.
For 15years I have heard the same noise you refer too.
It is the nature of the forum beast.
The issues are posted to help others track down issues, and as usual more then half are non-issues to begin with and most of the rest are unique or rare.

If you want the best truck on the market, built by the folks who have consistently built the best, then keep your order.
If you have serious doubts, then buy something you trust, just don't spend time at their forum looking for flaws... 'cause you will find them and they will erode your confidence!:LOL:

Last edited:

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
I have about 1100 miles on mine so far. I've averaged 22.1 MPG on 87 octane, mostly city driving in the Dallas area.

No issues, and I did have the TSB applied for the rough shifting transmission. I think it did help a little, but the service writer at the dealership says his F-150 with the 10 speed automatic does the same thing.

Aside from the wait and a few stupid antics from the dealer with adding the trailer hitch & wiring, it's a really good truck and I'm glad I bought it.

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
I notice the lean, but it is no worse than my previous Ford truck, a 2005 F150. Otherwise no issues.

I like this little truck, it is what I hoped and expected.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
While Iā€™m disappointed my truck is in the shop in the first week of ownership, I am not suffering from buyerā€™s remorse. I have wanted a Ranger since I saw one at a car show last year. I shopped the competition and concluded the Ranger was the best fit for me and my needs. Ford builds good trucks. The glitches I am experiencing are disruptive and, yes annoying. Nonetheless, I am confident Ford Corporate and the very friendly folks at the family owned dealership where my truckā€™s issues are being sorted out, will have me smiling as I am rolling down the road behind the wheel of my Ranger. It is so easy to get discouraged and swept into the vortex of escalating negativity. To me, itā€™s all about perspective. My truck has a fuel injector issue which will be resolved. I didnā€™t get a fatal medical diagnosis. Iā€™m lucky to be able to afford a brand new truck even if it needs a repair (which is completely covered by the warranty). I rode the bus at one time in my life because I couldnā€™t afford a vehicle. Iā€™m fortunate to own a new truck needing a minor, albeit inconvenient fix.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I know I already replied, but for anyone reading this in the future I thought I'd post this addition. My only regret is that I didn't order the LT tires. I didn't really look at the tires too much - was thinking about other things and by the time I learned about the LT tire option, it was too late to change my order. Not a huge deal - I will put heavier duty tires on when I replace the original ones. I'm sure the Hankooks will be fine.

But I absolutely LOVE the truck. And so far (knock on wood), I've had zero issues.

OP
OP
mike

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is the nature of the forum beast.
The issues are posted to help others track down issues, and as usual more then half are non-issues to begin with and most of the rest are unique or rare.

If you want the best truck on the market, built by the folks who have consistently built the best, then keep your order.
If you have serious doubts, then buy something you trust, just don't spend time at their forum looking for flaws... 'cause you will find them and they will erode your confidence!:LOL:
I agree mostly and was prepared to read about some issues. As we both noted, that is the nature (good and bad.. mostly good) of forums.

Most dont bother me and are easily fixed. I *am* starting to get a little worried about the transmission and some of the weird grinding noises with the front end. Was hoping to get a good read on that through the poll, but some are not reporting that acknowledge the issue in the problems forum.

Would have considered a Colorado were it not for its transmission issues now probably subject to a class action suit. Toyotas are not comfortable to me and not interested in Frontier. Drove a few Rangers when I lived overseas and liked them.

Anyway, between all this damn safety aid crap and possible transmission issues, its pretty much guaranteed I wont be keeping this truck past warrant if I do commit (which I probably will). But then, it's going to nothing but get worse for future vehicles.

Having said that it is encouraging to see many reportinv 0 issues. Thanks much to those that have participated in the poll thus far.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I agree mostly and was prepared to read about some issues. As we both noted, that is the nature (good and bad.. mostly good) of forums.

Most dont bother me and are easily fixed. I *am* starting to get a little worried about the transmission and some of the weird grinding noises with the front end. Was hoping to get a good read on that through the poll, but some are not reporting that acknowledge the issue in the problems forum.

Would have considered a Colorado were it not for its transmission issues now probably subject to a class action suit. Toyotas are not comfortable to me and not interested in Frontier. Drove a few Rangers when I lived overseas and liked them.

Anyway, between all this damn safety aid crap and possible transmission issues, its pretty much guaranteed I wont be keeping this truck past warrant if I do commit (which I probably will). But then, it's going to nothing but get worse for future vehicles.

Having said that it is encouraging to see many reportinv 0 issues. Thanks much to those that have participated in the poll thus far.
I am a retired fleet mechanic , car builder, and SCCA crew chief.
That doesn't mean I know everything or that I can't be surprised.

I would NOT buy an automatic transmission for 45 years until recently.
The new 10SPD automatic is one of three major reasons for me to buy the Ranger.
The second? The 2.3L Ecoboost.
The third of course is that it is a Ranger in every important respect.

One thing I learned and made my living on , is the fact that everything put together... sooner or later falls apart... Including us!
So I drive a Ford, because later is better than sooner!
Sponsored