SSM 49264 - Climate Control Temperature Will Not Adjust With Clicking/Snapping Noise From The Dash

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I bought a warranty for this reason. It was $790 to extend the warranty to 6 years 75K. I'm driving under 12K a year now an I'm not known for keeping vehicles a long time so I thought this time/miles worked for me.
Was this through ford?
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Was this through ford?
yeah I bought it on line from Flood Ford for $795. I just looked it up on my email. It showed up in my ford app after I bought it but I didn't see it today when I checked.

I paid with paypal so I got 6 months interest free to pay for it

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
yeah I bought it on line from Flood Ford for $795. I just looked it up on my email. It showed up in my ford app after I bought it but I didn't see it today when I checked.

Did you buy it before the increase? I just bought the same one from them last night with the LED lighting and a $100 deductible and it was $1,045. Still not a bad price for another 3 years peace of mind.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you buy it before the increase? I just bought the same one from them last night with the LED lighting and a $100 deductible and it was $1,045. Still not a bad price for another 3 years peace of mind.
I think I pulled the trigger because there was a rumor of a price increase in a few days. I forgot about that. If someone dug up the thread they'd probably find it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think I pulled the trigger because there was a rumor of a price increase in a few days. I forgot about that. If someone dug up the thread they'd probably find it.
I remember that thread and there were a lot who got in before the increase which I'm sure you did. I think it was only a 10% increase and at the time I was on the fence on what to do. The LED coverage was a no brainer for $50 extra.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Since I've retired I'm averaging a thousand miles a month an I'm not known for keeping vehicles a long time so I went with a shorter plan. My buddy bought a Ram 3500 an bought a ten year warranty with a crazy high mile limit for since he works from home an it a like $5K

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
Where are you buying this extra warranty?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Since I've retired I'm averaging a thousand miles a month an I'm not known for keeping vehicles a long time so I went with a shorter plan. My buddy bought a Ram 3500 an bought a ten year warranty with a crazy high mile limit for since he works from home an it a like $5K
I don't put many miles on myself. Mine will be 3 years old the end of July and right now I have 22,300 on it. I figured an additional 3 years and 50,000 miles will more than cover me until the next gen Ranger comes out and the bugs are worked out.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's who I used. I think there's a thread on a company selling warranty's for $50 over cost too.
They're all about the same price. The other was Zeigler Ford which is higher but they have a discount code "paying full" which brings it down to the same price as Flood Ford.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
Just FYI - These links are only good for US owners. NOT Canada. Canadian owners will need to go to a Canadian dealer to get it. If anyone has done this in Canada, can you share your experience? Value for money?

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking

Thank you for this info.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The thing you have to move is a chrome pin approx 1/8” diameter, which is at the end of the blend door lever arm. It will have grease all over it when you first pull the actuator off.
I just got through doing mine, took about an hour. I couldn't find the pin and realized it must have broke off, that's why mine stopped working. I just used a long, thin flathead screwdriver to push the white tab up. Turned the truck on and had cold AC again. ? Your video and post was very helpful!

All I can say this is one time I'm glad I'm short and thin because it's a tough area to get into especially that back screw. You have to depress the brake pedal and lay your head on it to see back there. Luckily I got the pilot hole on the first shot because my battery died (it was charged but finally died out) right after drilling it.:whew:

Here's a picture of the white tab that needs to be moved up. Getting it out isn't easy but it will slide out from the back, pull out the white clip on the back side, tilt it down and it will come out that way. It's a pain because there's a metal support bracket right in the way.

IMG_5534.jpg

Drill right next to the ground wire and the third screw is directly behind. I was laying on the brake pedal and shining a light back there in able to see it. Just use a thin Phillips head and you'll feel it catch, the screws are short so it's only a couple turns and it's out.

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just got through doing mine, took about an hour. I couldn't find the pin and realized it must have broke off, that's why mine stopped working. I just used a long, thin flathead screwdriver to push the white tab up. Turned the truck on and had cold AC again. ? Your video and post was very helpful!

All I can say this is one time I'm glad I'm short and thin because it's a tough area to get into especially that back screw. You have to depress the brake pedal and lay your head on it to see back there. Luckily I got the pilot hole on the first shot because my battery died (it was charged but finally died out) right after drilling it.:whew:

Here's a picture of the white tab that needs to be moved up. Getting it out isn't easy but it will slide out from the back, pull out the white clip on the back side, tilt it down and it will come out that way. It's a pain because there's a metal support bracket right in the way.

IMG_5534.jpg

Drill right next to the ground wire and the third screw is directly behind. I was laying on the brake pedal and shining a light back there in able to see it. Just use a thin Phillips head and you'll feel it catch, the screws are short so it's only a couple turns and it's out.

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg
nice work. I assume you did this as a temp measure until the parts come in?
Sponsored