First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Which brake cable? Does the noise on the front right side when you hit the brake?
Ebrake and somewhere from the rear.

After lubing the hell out of that brake line junction thing in the back.. so far so good but it has made a liar out of me before. I'll give it a week this time before claiming victory.

It being easy to reach makes it even better if that is the solution.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Ebrake and somewhere from the rear.

After lubing the hell out of that brake line junction thing in the back.. so far so good but it has made a liar out of me before. I'll give it a week this time before claiming victory.

It being easy to reach makes it even better if that is the solution.
Not a week but that actually stopped the noise.

Summary. The end of the flock of birds chasing me. (Sound wise.. I am not totally crazy)

One bolt was loose mounting the bed letting a bushing make noise anytime the road wasn't perfectly smooth, constantly. Fixed by the dealership after a week of searching.

The second sound was only during braking going forward at slower speeds. Far more intermittent. That was fixed by greasing the hell out of the ebrake junction thing just over where the axle meets the diff (the pic above).

Woohoo. Like the truck so much more now!.

Last edited:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not a week but that actually stopped the noise.

Summary. The end of the flock of birds chasing me. (Sound wise.. I am not totally crazy)

One bolt was loose mounting the bed letting a bushing make it make noise anytime the road wasn't perfectly smooth, constantly. Fixed by the dealership after a week of searching.

The second sound was only during braking going forward at slower speeds. Far more intermittent. That was fixed by greasing the hell out of the ebrake junction thing just over where the axle meets the diff (the pic above).

Woohoo. Like the truck so much more now!.
I'm using these to help the squeaking noise. Now they are gone. Thanks for the info.

20220527_155846.jpg

Tremordan831

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Govt
Which brake cable? Does the noise on the front right side when you hit the brake?
My noise was from the metal link where front and rear cables are spliced in the housing. Metal link rattled and squeaked. Shot lube over everything in the metal housing and noise hasn't returned

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
My truck now has a constant high pitched squeak up front right that goes away the moment I apply any brake pressure as well
Check to make sure the brake line mounts are secure where they bolt to the knuckle and inner fenders. Reach up in there and give everything a little wiggle to see if you can replicate the squeak. If not may also want to check the anti-rattle clips and caliper pins. You can apply some anti-seize compound where the pads contact them and on the pins. Also apply a coating of disk brake quiet to the backs of the pads.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Check to make sure the brake line mounts are secure where they bolt to the knuckle and inner fenders. Reach up in there and give everything a little wiggle to see if you can replicate the squeak. If not may also want to check the anti-rattle clips and caliper pins. You can apply some anti-seize compound where the pads contact them and on the pins. Also apply a coating of disk brake quiet to the backs of the pads.
Its only when I am in motion the moment i apply any brake pressure it goes away doesn't change over bumps anything, just got my oil change and when they checked the pads a couple weeks ago they said they were good too which makes me think it isn't the brake wear clips

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So as I suspected I had some crap in between the pad and disk that was rubbing there was even a line in the disk where it was constantly hitting it so far cleaning it out has worked great

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am now dealing with this. I thought it was in the cab but it has something to do with the box. If I lift up on the box at the wheel well on the driver's side and let it back down over and over, I get a sound like a glass bottle rubbing on a styrofoam cooler. It's really loud in the cab and I have only noticed it since the weather has been cold. It sounds like it's coming from the space between the bed and the cab.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am now dealing with this. I thought it was in the cab but it has something to do with the box. If I lift up on the box at the wheel well on the driver's side and let it back down over and over, I get a sound like a glass bottle rubbing on a styrofoam cooler. It's really loud in the cab and I have only noticed it since the weather has been cold. It sounds like it's coming from the space between the bed and the cab.
I have that squeaking sounds coming from Fox 2.0, it's resonating on my tubular UCA, I used a lubricant from Ford and it gets rid of the noise.